Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

125gr BBI with Titegroup or CFE Pistol (need help)

Malarkey

I just picked up 500 125gr BBI bullets and i need help working up a load for them. I have titegroup and CFE pistol to work with but i do not have much experience with the CFE. I want something that is going to be around the 125pf mark for USPSA. Does anyone have any loads already worked up with this combo, and if so what are your thoughts of the 125gr's?

3.6gr of Titegroup at 1.08" OAL with 125r BBIs gave me a PF of 131.

I haven't worked up any other loads with them as of yet, seemed to shoot OK, could maybe drop .1-.2gr depending on OAL, or stay with the same if your gun/barrel lets you run a longer OAL with that bullet.

I loaded them with 4.6gn of CFE Pistol at 1.125. I don't have a chrono, but I did shoot them at the OK state IDPA match. They didn't have chrono set up on staff day, but did collect rounds from the SOs. Mine either made 125pf at that load or they didn't actually check it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my experience, CFE Pistol doesn't like lower power loads. My preferred load is 5.2 gr with a 124RN for a 136 PF. Anything less and accuracy suffers. (at least out of my minor gun with me shooting it :roflol: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...