Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pimp My Stock III

After about 1000 rounds I ended up running the 13lb Wolff very reliably. After many sleepless nights thinking about how I know the trigger can be lighter I broke down and bought a Titan Hammer =)

I will be putting the 13.8# light back in when I install and will let you know the results with the same exact ammo Ive been shooting that failed with the Delta Hammer.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember our deal Praetorian. Now you have to zero a stage at Utah.

Titan hammer with EG light springs pop CCI rifles all day long haven't had an issue yet.

Wyatt

• 2 weeks later...

The trigger from Eric's pro shop comes on the Xtreme models which are on the approved production list, so it is therefore legal for USPSA production. It's a big improvement in my opinion, but it does push the DA reach out a little further if you have short fingers...

• 2 weeks later...

Update************

Had poor luck with the EG Delta Hammer, EG Light springs (Hammer/FP), and Henning Gen III/IV firing pins.

Switched to 13lb Wolff Hammer to get reliable ingition.

Now I have been running the EG Titan Hammer, EG Light springs (Hammer/FP), and Henning Gen IV firing pin with great ignition. Only one light primer strike in several hundred rounds so far. Very happy with this combination and it blatantly shows that the Titan is not a gimmick.

Going Production full time now so I should be putting upwards of 1500 rounds through this gun here in the next month. Will post another update then.

Now I have been running the EG Titan Hammer, EG Light springs (Hammer/FP), and Henning Gen IV firing pin with great ignition. Only one light primer strike in several hundred rounds so far. Very happy with this combination and it blatantly shows that the Titan is not a gimmick.

Going Production full time now so I should be putting upwards of 1500 rounds through this gun here in the next month. Will post another update then.

Glad to hear about the reliability you are having with that combo! Have you checked the function of your FPB with this combo? Is it still functioning properly. Some of us are having issues with this combo some are not. No rime or reason found yet... With hammer back and trigger forward with slide in battery, the FP should be stopped by the FPB when pushed with a punch or pen or whatever.

Best to have less cogs in the mix when troubleshooting and why I have kept the firing pin block out till now. Its not needed as we all know but its a requirement to be legal in production. Most likely I will begin the fitting process this week. I was a little burnt out fine tuning my SP01 and then this SIII immediately after that. I needed a hiatus to just shoot the things =)

Edited by praetorian97

Impressive! But now I have a question for you guys...

I believe I have most if not all of the same parts/springs that you guys do, and I was able to get my DA down to 6 lb 10 oz, which feels great. But my SA is still up at 3 lb 6 oz, why would mine be so much higher than yours????? Especially with the DA where it is.

Important parts: Titan hammer, EG trigger, light EG hammer spring, 1 piece sear

I'm starting to wonder if the face of my sear is at the wrong angle, or I went too deep when dressing it. I just used 600 grit to remove the black coloration from the surface then went up to 1500 sand paper and paste polish for a mirror finish. I though I was very careful to keep from changing the angle of the sear face....

Yup, plunger spring clipped one (or one and a half) coils.

Polish job is pretty darn good I'd have to say, especially considering the DA pull weight. Plunger to trigger bar surfaces, outside of trigger bar, top of trigger bar and slide surfaces, underside of sear cage to trigger bar contact surfaces...

Same stock TRS ans sear spring at the moment.

Hmmm???

Only other thing I can think of is that I have done all this trigger work, but only actually shot about 40 rds live fire thorough the gun. Maybe some more rounds down the tube will get everything to jive better?

My SA on my Limited gun dropped weight as time progressed but my SIII SA has always been this light.

3 does seem a bit heavy considering how light your DA is. What Trigger gauge are you using?

FYI if you want you can ship me your gun and I will break it in for you ;)

Update *************

I have a CGW T3 disconnector that I custom fit. I originally installed this with a one piece sear and the EG Delta Hammer.

I recently went to a Titan Hammer for reliable ignition reasons. This changed the characteristics of the gun and I was getting some fail to resets. Originally I attributed this to me short stroking the trigger but the issue started to become more frequent.

I had zero pretravel after reset. Something that we should be nervous with in Tanfoglios. There is play the sear housing during live fire. With a 1000 rounds through the Delta, I had zero fail to resets. I didn't bother to fit it more because it was working. Tonight at Steel Challenge I felt like I was dry firing most shots trying to get it to ignite.

KneelingAtlas gave me some direction. I knew I had to remove some material but the disconnector is a gray area for me right now.

The box outlines the area I removed material from. Video of the pretravel. Not much but I didn't need much more.

10635899_10205925024701347_5993092635557

Edited by praetorian97

I had to remove material from that area to get positive resets. It would reset without a mag so I put it all back together and it wouldn't reset with a mag inserted. Removed more and now it's fine. My pretravel is about the same as yours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE: I got tired of chasing the light DA/SA. I was able to get down to the high end of 5lbs for the DA. The 100% reliable ignition just isn't there. I don't want light primer strikes no matter what primer I'm running.

I mean really we are only talking 1 DA pull per stage. 6 DA pulls per match to deal with? The more we take off the DA, the more we are affecting the SA which we are squeezing 150 times a match.

I'm going through some other testing with swap out parts. I reluctantly removed my custom fitted Cajun T3 Disco and installed the Dual Wing Disco. The hook is much thicker than the stock single wing. In turn making the pretravel much better than stock.

interruptor.jpg

I wanted to see the difference and so far I'm 100% sold its a great drop in part. FYI my stock two piece sear will not work with the dual wing. The FPB lifter side on the sear will hit that and not allow the sear cage to go down enough to insert the safety lever. I'm still using the one piece sear out of necessity and in turn had to install the EXT FPB. So far initial testing shows the EXT FPB working the best with the EG 2.0 firing pin and the Henning Gen III in second place. When I say the best I mean with the least amount of fitting. The Gen III works but is susceptible to catching on the FPB if it goes too far forward.

The Henning Gen IV would not work with the EXT FPB. Not sure how much more fitting would be involved to make it work.

Interested in hearing your experiences.....

Edited by praetorian97

I had all sorts of probs last weekend, first match with my stock 3. Henning gen 3 pin, 1 pc sear, ext FPB, titan hammer. Lots of what seemed to be light strikes but some had no indent on primer, indicating hang up. The damn thing was having feeding problems as well..

Remove your FPB for awhile. Take it out of the equation. What hammer spring are you running?

What is your bullet type and OAL?

FYI Im trying to get the first few posts unlocked so I can fix the photos links.

Edited by praetorian97

Remove your FPB for awhile. Take it out of the equation. What hammer spring are you running?

What is your bullet type and OAL?

T3 disco also

EG extreme light hammer spring

My bullets were bayou 147 at 1.110, then i ditched those after a few terrible stages for 147gr zero jhps at 1.110, which were very tried and true in my g34, and case gage much better than my bayou load.