Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pimp My Stock III

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the XTREME 1 Piece Sear different from the 1 Piece "black one" ??

I think the question on how to shorten the reset wasn't answered

The extreme one piece sear I was sent was hard chrome plated. It looked geometrically the same as the black one piece sear, but that's just using an runcalibrated eyeball.

the black one is just as good once polished. Go the cheaper route and you wont be disappointed. The chromed parts are mostly for those that shoot ipsc and aren't allowed to polish their parts.

Is the XTREME 1 Piece Sear different from the 1 Piece "black one" ??

I think the question on how to shorten the reset wasn't answered

The extreme one piece sear I was sent was hard chrome plated. It looked geometrically the same as the black one piece sear, but that's just using an runcalibrated eyeball.

Is the coating on the Xtreme parts hard chrome? I've been told that it's not. Just curious if anybody knows for sure.

• 1 month later...

I dont think it is. All i know is i had to break down my friends extreme that he just got and had to polish everything as if it was stock internals.

I pulled the trigger on a fresh out of the Box Xtreme and WAS NOT even remotely impressed.

For the price tag?

Build your own.

I dont think it is. All i know is i had to break down my friends extreme that he just got and had to polish everything as if it was stock internals.

I pulled the trigger on a fresh out of the Box Xtreme and WAS NOT even remotely impressed.

For the price tag?

Build your own.

Agreed. Also, I had a chance to run TJART S3 with the part he is about to release... makes an Extreme look like a sloppy mess. It had absolutely zero... ZERO pretravel.

I'm looking forward to them !

• 10 months later...

The 20000 one piece  sear is engaging the hammer  and functionalwith the slide off.  When  the slide is on and pulled back the trigger  goes dead, hammer still cocked?? Put it all in a steel (base model tangfo) works great?? Thought I ruined the first sear, got a second one, same thing. Fitted the safety. I m not sure.please  and thank you

I would like to assist... but have no idea what you are trying to say. Not trying to be a wanker, honest.

If you can clearly state what gun you have, exactly what modifications have been done and the symptoms you are suffering it will be more likely someone will be able to figure it out.

It would also be wiser to start a fresh thread for your issue and not necro-jack someone else's thread.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I shoot a EAA Witness Stock III, and thought some of the guys here might be able to advise me. There is a lot of information here. I just got back from the range with my box stock EAA Witness Stock 3. The gun ran beautifully. 200 rounds without a single hiccup. The trigger was beautiful.

When I got home and field stripped it for cleaning, I noticed the edge around the recoil spring guide rod where it seats into the barrel had several small burrs on it around the outside edges. There was no battering or deformation of the gun or barrel where it contacts the guide rod itself. Just on the O.D. of the headed portion of the guide rod. I was able to chuck it in a cordless drill and remove the burrs with a small India stone, the polish it nice and bright with a bit of grey Scotch Brite. All is well.

But I don't like the fact this is happening. The rod itself polished quite easily, which makes me think it could be too soft, and that is what is causing the burring. I would like to replace the guide rod with a polished Stainless Steel model, like the one's that are shown in the many photos in this thread. I'm assuming I need the long slide model to fit a standard Witness Stock III. If someone can advise me on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

On 2/26/2019 at 8:04 PM, johnbu said:

Buy a "cone fit" guide rod.  Henning, Patriot Defense or extreme versions all work.

PD has a 25% off sale on PD manufactured parts that ends tomorrow. 

For a stock 3 I prefer the feel of their light weight aluminum guide rod, I also like that it is a comparatively soft material. If something is going to get chewed up I want it to be something that is not very painful to replace. 

I have never had a Stainless steel guide rod damage anything on any semi auto pistol I've ever owned. And this is the first time I had a guide rod itself show any type of burring or marking from simply being fired in a weapon. As I said, everything polished up nicely, but this should not be happening. Let alone be happening in a high end gun. I have no idea if replacing the guide rod with an aftermarket one will prevent this from happening. But I'm willing to give it a shot.

34 minutes ago, Bill T said:

I have never had a Stainless steel guide rod damage anything on any semi auto pistol I've ever owned. And this is the first time I had a guide rod itself show any type of burring or marking from simply being fired in a weapon. As I said, everything polished up nicely, but this should not be happening. Let alone be happening in a high end gun. I have no idea if replacing the guide rod with an aftermarket one will prevent this from happening. But I'm willing to give it a shot.

Welcome to Tanfoglio :) 

54 minutes ago, Bill T said:

So I'm assuming this guide rod burring that is happening on my gun is a common occurrence??

I do not know how common it is, one or two of my guns have burrs on the guide rods. 

5 hours ago, Bill T said:

So I'm assuming this guide rod burring that is happening on my gun is a common occurrence??

Yes. Sadly.  it's one of the few "weak" areas of the design.  The cone fit guide rod corrects that weakness.

8 hours ago, johnbu said:

Yes. Sadly.  it's one of the few "weak" areas of the design.  The cone fit guide rod corrects that weakness.

So, I'm assuming if I go ahead and purchase this Longslide Henning Conefit $40.00 Polished Stainless Steel Guide Rod for my 9 MM Witness Stock III, this will correct the problem? And this burring I'm experiencing will stop, and no longer be a problem?  

Edited by Bill T

4 hours ago, Bill T said:

So, I'm assuming if I go ahead and purchase this Longslide Henning Conefit $40.00 Polished Stainless Steel Guide Rod for my 9 MM Witness Stock III, this will correct the problem? And this burring I'm experiencing will stop, and no longer be a problem?  

Yes it will stop the burring. The conefit guiderod spreads out the recoil impulse to more areas of the frame than the regular guiderod does. 

You’ll probably want to file down the existing burrs of course. 

58 minutes ago, V2plus25 said:

Yes it will stop the burring. The conefit guiderod spreads out the recoil impulse to more areas of the frame than the regular guiderod does. 

You’ll probably want to file down the existing burrs of course. 

Thanks. The only burring I had was on the original guide rod itself. And that I polished off with a stone and some Scotch Brite. So if I get the new guide rod, that should end this nonsense.

49 minutes ago, Bill T said:

Thanks. The only burring I had was on the original guide rod itself. And that I polished off with a stone and some Scotch Brite. So if I get the new guide rod, that should end this nonsense.

You are correct. There should be no more burring. I should have said to file down any burrs on the frame which was what happened on mine.