Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving to Naples area first of July

Needing some help from you southwest florida guys and gals. My girlfriend and I are definitely, she got into law school, moving to the naples area on July 1. I have found the SWFPS web page and have found a weekend match for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd sunday of the month and the weekly Thursday night shoot. Can anyone point me towards some Saturday matches and maybe a 4th sunday match so I can shoot every weekend.

Girlfriend shoots production and I am shooting Limited. But also building a single stack gun and steal her backup gun occasionally to shoot also. If your down in the area would like to find some people that could show us around.

Thanks all

Shug

Edited by clawson2011

It will depend on how much you want to drive, but Florida is very shooter friendly when it comes to action pistol. There are very active clubs in the Tampa and Orlando areas if you don't mind driving to make those matches. You've already found SWFPS and that's a great option for that whole Venice/Naples area.

You also have the Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof which makes action pistol in this area even more awesome. Shannon "Smitty" Smith and others run matches out of there quite a bit on weekends and they host some really fantastic major matches during the year.

My home club is the Wyoming Antelope Club and it's a bit of a drive for you from Naples, but the matches that are put on at WAC are always well run and challenging. We have very nice weekend matches also that you might enjoy and would be worth the trip up especially if you want to make a weekend out of it and visit some of the things to do here in Tampa and Orlando.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about Florida action pistol or just the Gulf coast in general. I think you'll really like it out here.

Thanks Eric. I was looking at taking a job near frost proof but the girlfriend is going to law school in naples so that is where we are heading. I am excited to be a short drive to the big shoots put on up at frost proof and other florida ranges. I missed A6 cause of school and waiting for my new 5" hybrid to be finished but intend to shoot all the majors in florida next year. Once we get moved down we might have to swing up to WAP and shoot a match.

• 3 weeks later...

You have picked an interesting area to live . Naples and surround areas use to be more shooter friendly . I moved away19 years ago but was born and raised there till 40. Guess by now you have found Wayne Bergquist gun smith . Used to be a good guy and talented smithy to deal with .

The shooting range sporting clays and matches moved after I left from the swamp buggy tract range out behind what was know as Remuda Ranch and Port of the Isle's . Collier county use to be one heck of a place to live for an outdoorsman type .

. Louland gun club - Sure you know of it by know .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...