Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 major

redtruck

Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere but the only thing I could find searching was info for minor loads. My question is: which recoil spring should I look at for my G35 shooting major? The numbers work out to be a PF of 170 with a 200 gr xtreme plated bullet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Each user had a different preference. Most style with a 15 pound, but your mileage may vary. I bought a 13-17 and experimented until I was happy. Just make sure that gun passes the vertical test after each spring

Point the gun at the roof, pull the slide back and slowly walk it forward. As you get close to the slide gong all the way guard, let it go. Make sure it locks up all the way. If it doesn't fully lock up, can cause the gun to fire out if Barry, which can really be disastrous

Point the gun at the roof, pull the slide back and slowly walk it forward. As you get close to the slide gong all the way guard, let it go. Make sure it locks up all the way. If it doesn't fully lock up, can cause the gun to fire out if Barry, which can really be disastrous

Got ya! Thanks!!

15lb here. What is your load exactly? A 200gr bullet in a glock is a bit on the edge for me.

200 grn xtreme over 5.3 grns of longshot. Shoots nice and soft and was the most accurate of all the loads I tried.

• 2 weeks later...

Ploymer, is that lighter or heavier springs, lol, thanks for all your help btw

Im assuming lighter springs are what you are describing. Today i shot all day with my service .40 and ammo then at the end broke out my G35, with the minor ammo and 13# spring it was nice, with the heavier ammo, (still border line on major) i got a lot of muzzle flip, thinking more spring would help there, since i am getting muzzle rise not dip i could/should spring up? I have 13, 15, 17, 20, and 22# i can play with, and i am learning to make my own rounds

Edited by evilbeef54

Muzzle will always rise on recoil, proper grip and technique will limit it. The recoil spring excels as the slide is returning to battery, pistol doesn't dip, and bounce around between shots/splits/transitions.

Best way to demonstrate is lock slide back, then release slide using slide lock/release. You will notice with the heavier spring, slide slams forward, muzzle dips and front sight bounces around.

Cool thanks, i love tinkering with things, i shoot a lot but typically with stock duty/carry guns. This is the first gun i have really tried working on. Trying to get the right balance of loads and parts.

Tried some new loads today with the G35, 1.140 OAL, 180gr berrys fprn, 5.2gr wsf... just need a chrono, lol

Muzzle will always rise on recoil, proper grip and technique will limit it. The recoil spring excels as the slide is returning to battery, pistol doesn't dip, and bounce around between shots/splits/transitions.

Best way to demonstrate is lock slide back, then release slide using slide lock/release. You will notice with the heavier spring, slide slams forward, muzzle dips and front sight bounces around.

okay that makes sense, especially looking at events separately. my question is since the muscle does climb on the initial firing would a heavier spring that would cause the muscle to dip help offset that climb or return back to say picture faster. I have 13 15 17 20 and 22# Springs and lately I have just been switching between the 13 and the 22 on the range in practice.I'm not noticing any dip with the 22 and slightly less climb I know most people say to run the 13 or 15 pound in the Glock, and I do understand that it's all personal preference,I am just trying to take in as much information as possible and get this running as good as possible however for me I am finding that the heavier spring keeps the sites more online. again maybe I am just used to the heavier recoiling service weapons

Pair the correct spring with the power factor... I don't know what the power factor is on those particular rounds you have.

It does come down to preference, but almost everyone and all high level shooters will go with a lighter spring. The more experienced the shooter, the more noticeable/beneficial the lighter spring will give.

The absolute best way to determine is to run some drills and time yourself. Don't go by feel, go by time.

Edited by Polymer

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...