Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol thumb rest?

Does anyone use a thumb rest for their weak hand thumb for 3 gun?

It looks like a decent idea but I haven't seen any of the pros using one, the only drawback I can see is having to find/modify a holster to work.

Fnh rules it would put you in open

Where in the fnh rules does it say it puts you in open?

The only thing I can find for restrictions in TAC-ops is optic/sights, weights, comp/porting, and mag length restrictions.

The only thing I can find for restrictions in TAC-ops is optic/sights, weights, comp/porting, and mag length restrictions.

5.31 says that firearms must be of factory configuration

Which is very vague in my opinion....I only know this because I ro fnh and asked the question to the md and amd and the answer I got was moved to open

5.31 says that firearms must be of factory configuration

Which is very vague in my opinion....I only know this because I ro fnh and asked the question to the md and amd and the answer I got was moved to open

Interesting... As a shooter, I would have put up a serious fuss about that one.

I use a Nitro Fin from Shooting Sports Innovations on my STI.

BladeTech has the molds to make you a WRS that will fit the STI with the Nitro Fin. They don't show it on their website, but a tip from another guy in a similar thread said just call BladeTech. Sure enough and they said no problem. Charged me the same as the regular WRS.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I can tell the thumb rests main purpose is to help control recoil. In three gun there is a lower power factor and that's why many of the top guys don't run one. Personally I see it as just another thing to fall/break off and I don't run one while shooting major either.

Thumbrests have only been legal in open division. IPSC allows them in their Limited division and I know USPSA talked about it but I don't remember if they approved that or not. That was a couple of years ago. What Brian would call rules creep. I have them on my Open STI and my Rimfire Open Buckmark but thats it.