Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elftmann Tactical 3 Gun Trigger

shooterrdy

I have been to several Matches now with the new Elftmann Tactical 3 gun Trigger and all I can say is AMAZING

there are lots of nice triggers available but none like this one.

Reset and lack of Creep are off the chart

you got to run it under the clock to feel just how nice they run.

Very solid using a full power spring and Thick Hammer / Sear

rolling on sealed Bearings. Breaking at 2.7lb with NO Creep / Take up and incredible reset.

Do yourself a favor and try one running it as hard as you can go.

Amazing Trigger.

Measured off the one I have:

Pre-travel to break (takeup): 0.0235in(0.6mm)

Overtravel: 0.024in(0.61mm)

Reset length: 0.0475in(1.21mm)

There is takeup there, but it is barely perceptible.....you have to be looking for it.

I like the rest...a lot. I think the reset, like most trigger reviews are a personal thing. Such as I like the positive reset, and you may not. A lot of people dish about the ar gold, I however think other than a nice break, it feels mushy. To me it's another quality choice in triggers. I know you are a fan of the rise triggers, and I am as well. I think they are a great trigger. They feel very similar too the elfmann, I just prefer the more positive reset. After a little break in and adjusting the reset isn't quite as clunky as you described it.

I just tried the elf 3 gun trigger and it is sweet. Honestly I felt it was a little too close to the firing point. My hiperfire 24c gives me a hair more breathing room before the bang. I'm sure with a bit more trigger time I might like the elf better.

They need about 100-150 rounds to get set in then you can adjust the pull weight how you like as you take the weight down the reset is less noticeable. I wont argue that Hiperfire is a great trigger just saying you should give the Elf a shot

if you get a chance.

• 1 month later...

How do you adjust the trigger? I picked up one of the 'adjustable competition triggers' and it didn't come with any instructions. Installation was pretty straight forward, but the only thing that looks like it could be turned is the rear set screw. And all it seems to do is make it go from trigger working, to trigger not working.

Thanks

It's a very small adjustment range. You'll need your trigger pull gauge handy, a little goes a long way. It affects the feel of the reset when you adjust it. I'd put a few hundred rounds down range before messing with it.

Edited by billdozer

SAM_2108.jpg

UUUuuuuunnnngggghhhh... want to try/fondle so badly....

When were these released to market?

I've gone through the Guys-lee SD3G, and now the CMC drop in, but that ELF laser engraving just speaks to me.

Edited by BitchinCamaro

Has anybody had any issues with the elf three gun trigger or any Elfman trigger adjustment screw walking out. Everything I see about this trigger is really enticing. Other than the fact that some people tell me if it has an adjustment screw you probably won't want it. And I think that's due to the fact that I get all my information from SHTF kinda people oth keepers members of militias and such. So I'm pretty sure they're partial to having triggers that aren't capable of having a screw walkout and I guess so am i. It's just bummer cause I really like this trigger but I want to buy one and be done . It's between this and the gold trigger. can't make up my mind which one would be a better buy. When it comes to comparing them the Elfman in my mind Wins. Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Edited by dftc187

Until several people hit 40K or 50K rounds with them, you won't know about the long term durability. The AR-Gold has that, which many of the other triggers do not.

Yeah I know it's a bummer that these companies don't go through their own testing with video proof to show consumers what there product is really about. And if they did go through some sort of testing I sure haven't seen any on any internet sites. And because of that if they don't go through any testing it's puzzling why the hell they back their stuff so freaking much. I guess you can lock tight that screw but I'm pretty sure they don't recommend that. I just really wish these companies would start shooting some bullets.. Lol.... I just think they would gain more clientele by doing so.

Funny. I just had a long conversation with another shooter about this topic, and one I have with attorneys on a regular basis. The vast majority of people producing gun parts, and even complete weapons, have no experience in FMEA, FEA, EOLA which are basic tenants of engineering design. Failures I have seen in the firearms industry are ones which, with similar failure rates, would result in recalls and winning lawsuits in other industries. Those who do understand it spend considerably more on their R&D and T&E only to have their work copied. Not really a good answer, and sorry for the slight thread drift.

Yeah its crazy goes to show people are giving up a lot of proven reliability for new bedazzled Parts. don't get me wrong I'm more than capable of fixing the problem that I would have with that Elfman trigger screw walking out I would probably just use the red loctite instead of the blue although by doing so I quite possibly void the warranty. Depending on the company I guess I would assume that I would be ok. so this is a tough one. not really I'll go with the gold trigger until the Elfman can be proven. But the Elfman is so nice, smooth, interchangeable parts, simple, seems like everything would be reliable..... daaaaamn.... Or whenever I get that wild hair up my ass to spend money it seems. SMH IDK FML

Edited by dftc187

Are you aware that locktite on "passivated" parts is not a goof idea? Anodizing, black oxide are both passivation surface treatments. It is a common failure point when people "assume" they have "locked" an adjustment when they really have not.

No I did not thank you for the information. What would you recommend?

Locktite makes a primer for the very purpose. What I use on all trigger adjustments I make.