Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elftmann Tactical 3 Gun Trigger

shooterrdy

It's pretty tough to turn, i assume it has a something to secure it or lock tite. If you have a problem, call them. They are very helpful. My buddy over adjusted his and it wouldn't work. They got him lined back out in no time.

Over tightened or coming loose only bummers I really love the trigger I just wish it was proven it would stay where it was put in the first place or just give you an option to just not have an adjustable one. Haven't came across anything that says the company isn't awesome. Sure does have a lot of pros going for it I just want to find a sure solution to that possible problems.

Edited by dftc187

• 1 month later...

How do you adjust the trigger? I picked up one of the 'adjustable competition triggers' and it didn't come with any instructions. Installation was pretty straight forward, but the only thing that looks like it could be turned is the rear set screw. And all it seems to do is make it go from trigger working, to trigger not working.

Thanks

That's far closer to my experience than the posters who have actually had good luck with these.

We had a rep bring some of these to our shop. So we decided to carry a few, I think we initially bought a half-dozen. I got to talking with the owner and actually got him to give a couple triggers to my girlfriend for her 3 gun rifle in exchange for putting his logo on her shirt.

Long story short, everything we sold came back. The two that were given to us we couldn't get to work. The display trigger "followed" or wouldn't reset at all. We exchanged all those for new triggers. The owner claimed he had an employee not doing his job on QC. No change. The new triggers are no better. They are all sitting on a shelf in the back room.

If you drop it in and don't touch it, it may work ok. If you try to adjust it you run the risk of it not working at all. They tried to tell us we were the only ones having problems with them. Total BS. We told them all we did was follow their instructions. I disassembled several in an effort to polish them up and make them work. No bueno. For $250............no thanks.....

I've been nothing but satisfied with mine so far. I did the same thing as you, adjusted it, and it wouldn't work. I called the owner, he walked me through getting it running again. I attribute that to operator error. I love the reset, it breaks around 2.5 lbs, it's super consistent. What's not to love?

I've been nothing but satisfied with mine so far. I did the same thing as you, adjusted it, and it wouldn't work. I called the owner, he walked me through getting it running again. I attribute that to operator error. I love the reset, it breaks around 2.5 lbs, it's super consistent. What's not to love?

We did that too. We had the owner on the phone several times trying to get these triggers to work.

It's not operator error when you follow the instructions and it still doesn't work. Out of the dozen triggers we carry, we never have any issues other than these.

What's not to love is out of the half dozen we sold, 4 came back. The display trigger wouldn't function after hours of fiddling with it and getting the owner on the phone, and it costs $250. Which is more expensive than any other trigger we carry.

I'm glad at least some of you got a decent one.

We did that too. We had the owner on the phone several times trying to get these triggers to work.

It's not operator error when you follow the instructions and it still doesn't work. Out of the dozen triggers we carry, we never have any issues other than these.

What's not to love is out of the half dozen we sold, 4 came back. The display trigger wouldn't function after hours of fiddling with it and getting the owner on the phone, and it costs $250. Which is more expensive than any other trigger we carry.

I'm glad at least some of you got a decent one.

I think you just saved me a month of eating noodles.

I have one for sale....will take $125.00 shipped in CONUS for it. Why so cheap? I had to remove some material from the front of the housing to fit into a billet lower I was using it in. Looks fugly, but does not effect the operation. About 200 rounds on it. I have all the original packaging, etc.

Geez, picking a trigger is getting harder and harder. Unhappy customers with Elf, Hiperfire, Timney... It's looking like Geissele is the only option left (granted, not a bad option at all, but it's the only one I haven't played with yet).

Geez, picking a trigger is getting harder and harder. Unhappy customers with Elf, Hiperfire, Timney... It's looking like Geissele is the only option left (granted, not a bad option at all, but it's the only one I haven't played with yet).

Do yourself a favor and get an AR Gold.

I just got a velocity trigger and it feels great can't imagine how one could feel better. my 3lb version breaks right at 2.75lbs no creep or over travel short reset and cost $135 shipped including new anti walk pins.

I just got a velocity trigger and it feels great can't imagine how one could feel better. my 3lb version breaks right at 2.75lbs no creep or over travel short reset and cost $135 shipped including new anti walk pins.

I'm not familiar with that one but I'm pretty wary of any newer triggers, especially cheaper ones. It seems that anyone can make a great feeling trigger these days, it's the ones that stay that way over the long haul that separates the men from the boys.

I'm not familiar with that one but I'm pretty wary of any newer triggers, especially cheaper ones. It seems that anyone can make a great feeling trigger these days, it's the ones that stay that way over the long haul that separates the men from the boys.

The guy who started velocity worked almost 30 years between Timney triggers and knight rifles so the company may be new but he isn't. They're a drop in anodized housing, hand polished, robar np3 on hammer and disconnect.

CMC, Jard, and AR-Gold are all long term durable and very good quality. Never had a reason to repair or take one of these three out of a lower.

I had the little tab on the disconnect break on my Jard. They were very cool about it and sent me a whole new trigger assembly, since mine was an out-dated model.

I had a hammer break on a Jard trigger, they sent me a whole new trigger, they were great about it. Timney on the other hand - not so bueno about a bad trigger. Let's just say I don't buy their products anymore.

So are there a lot of problems with the Elftmann trigger then? I am still on the fence about getting one, hope to hear more about them, good or bad...Thanks

Mine has been great. They need to come with better instructions on how to adjust them. They don't need a lot of movement to make a difference on the feel of the trigger pull. So people go cranking on them and get them out of time, and that's where the trouble starts. They are a newer, smaller company, that doesn't mean they don't put out a great product. I had a small problem upon install that was operator error. Called the company, they remedied the problem. You'll love the reset, and pull. But the reset is the selling point for me on this trigger.

Several matches down now and the Trigger feels better every time. Call and talk to Art if your wary of the product I can almost assure that after you speak with him you will understand why their so good.

Don't know about this trigger but myself and my son have run CMC triggers in 3 of our rifles and they have outlasted a couple of barrels in each gun and are still functioning perfect.

gerritm

• 1 month later...

I've seen a broken Jard disconnector but it was not mine and I still use them.

I've broken a Jewel hammer and I still use them. Wish they would make the hammer corner radii larger to handle stress better.

I've seen and had Timneys fail(out of adjustment) during a match. Will never buy from them again after talking to them at a SHOT show a number of years ago.

I've tried the AR-Gold and it works OK but I couldn't double tap it and I didn't like the wobbley trigger. I don't use them.

I won a Hyperfire 24C. I put it in a 22-ar conversion cuz it couldn't compete with the Jard or Jewel.

I've played with CMCs at a SHOT show. Couldn't compete with the Jard or Jewel.

Never seen or heard of Velocity.

I wouldn't hesitate to try the Elfman. I wouldn't count them out just because of a few bad parts. Especially if they will do whatever to make it right.

Just my .02

Nick

• 3 months later...

I've tried tons of triggers as most of us have in the AR platform. Was a big Geissele fan until I tried a S3G, the creep felt horrible and then I was having issues with it doubling. Still like the SSA and the Match Geissele's. Got an AR Gold, loved it once I got the springs cut and trigger pull where I wanted it but the trigger felt loose so I thought something was wrong with it and switched to Timney. I personally never had an issue with a Timney trigger but have lots of folks I shoot with that had various issues with them so I decided to switch, didn't need a rifle down in a match. Switched to the JP EZ trigger but started to notice they don't hold trigger pull and creep up in weight over time. Tried Hyperfire, don't like the feel and all the springs. CMC is always a good trigger for a 1 piece with stock drop in parts. The JP hammer and spring kit is better in my opinion than the CMC but they're about the same. Tried a rise armament and the ELF 3-Gun and now the ELF is my favorite. Super easy to adjust, great feel, absolutely can't hurt the things, they're built like a tank. Yeah they're a little expensive but I've got 1100 rounds through my match rifle with one and the thing is still at 2.75 lbs like the day I set it. No issues as I'd expect. I don't run any lube on them and don't loctite any of the set screws. Don't have many rounds on one but sure do like the trigger break. The reset is a tad stout but I don't feel it shooting since I don't ride the trigger.