Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Diagnose My Groups

Chuckie45

• 1 month later...

Good groups! I am going to assume you're right handed? It looks like you might not be pulling the trigger straight back (pulling to the left with right finger and to right with left finger).

At 10 yards all groups should be like the lower left otherwise you will not even be on target for targets at 25 yards and beyond.

Pretty much impossible to say what is going on there is not really a pattern in those groups.

Try shooing those groups again, take your time and use proper breath and trigger control. How do they end up?

Inhale, exhale (not fully, somewhere like 80%), slowly squeeze the trigger till the shot goes off. Do not worry about controlling recoil and do not squeeze the gun, especially not with your stronghand.

Do this in dry-fire as well, there should be absolutely no movement in your sights whatsoever.

If you get most of your groups like that bottom left you can start worrying about speed and find out where and why you are dropping your shots.

Sorry if this is a bit basis but there is not much to go on just by those groupings.

Also I find it easier to aim just below the dot instead of at the dot, it is hard to see sight alignment if you are aiming at something black. Unless you have good light or good eyes.