Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chameleon Fabrics load 2 belt

Ordered the XL two years ago. No issues, and if I remember correctly, about 3-4 weeks to show up. Price is right compared to other systems. Like the fact it's on your chest for those long shotgun stages. Still carry it in my bag, but since have switched to IP caddies for quad loading. I did remove 2 shell holders for a comfort issue (arms hitting edges) and mounted them to kydex and els clip for a quick 4 rounds of load 2.

I would still recommend it.

Mine took 2 or 3 weeks to show up. It's a really good cost per round carried setup and I used it for a season on high round count stages. My only complaint is that the retention is a bit too much and can be a very slight detriment to speed, it's also limited to dual loading. it's a good buy if you're okay with those small issues.

I like it, mine took a while to get through customs a couple years ago. It does hold the shells securely. Con is it is a vest which means people forget to put it on because they want to wait till the last minute. It gets hot here in Vegas. The plus is its a vest so you can spin it around fairly easily if you want to go prone at the beginning of a stage. I've never broke a shell holder, but I have switched to mostly quad loading. It still comes out for the big shotgun stages.

I like mine a lot, but its' journey must have been very interesting because it took several months to get here and the package was toast. What showed up was the belt wrapped in clear shrink wrap plastic with the label stuck to it but the belt was unscathed. I am sure this was just my luck and an anomaly. It is hot to wear but I don't keep it on long anyway. I bought the bigger belt since I have the build for it, but then removed several clips to get them out from under my left arm and to allow room for belt mounted magazine pouches/magazines. The clips seem to loosen up if left loaded between matches. I have not found the need for any other "adjustment" (like sanding) to loosen the clips up to my liking. Depending on the stage load-out I may put slugs on the far right and bird on the left or carry slugs elsewhere on a belt. I have short, beefy fingers and the load two off the Chameleon has been a god-send for me. FYI, my Mom made me a bag out of an old pants leg to carry/store the Chameleon. It helps keep a lot of crap off the Velcro and protects a loaded belt between stages.

• 1 month later...

I got one last year and I like it but I am cheap. The cost per round can't be beat. I have noticed that I see fewer of them recently so maybe the quad loading is taking over. I have looked at trying to move the clips closer together and staggering them to see if I can get it to work for quad loading but haven't tried it.

I think it is the most comfortable belly/chest rig by far. I only use it for stages where the belt can't hold enough shells (either a huge stage or, because of prone rifle or such, I choose not to wear as many belt caddies), so I take the "loss" of quads as a pretty fair trade for extra capacity, comfort, and convenience.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered mine last year. It showed up within 2 weeks and I was impressed with the quality. There were no issues with ordering and getting it from the Czech Republic . I highly recommend them if you are going to load two. However, load four is the go to currently and invictus practical is hard to beat. I am heading towards 16 on the belt in load four and keeping the 20 on my chest for the large stages.

For those of you who have used this, how well do the shells stay in proper position when running....particularly in hot weather (plastic expanding creating a looser fit?). I've noticed another brand can't stand up to charging through a stage at speed.

Sendit

I have never had a problem with shell retention on the Chameleon, even in hot and/or humid weather. The one comment on the clips is they can be a little too tight at first, so it may be necessary to load them up (dummies or otherwise) when you first get the belt in order to stretch them a bit and make for more convenient release.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine stays loaded and has been for 3yrs. Even in the west Texas summers it holds the shells tight even when going prone. The shells can bend inward when you go prone but the design allows an uninterrupted load every time.

I've never had an issue with retention on any of the 4 I've had and I've probably been running them as long as anyone here. I've shot multiple Ironman and NWMG matches with them in 90-100 degree weather without any issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They work great. The shells are super secure and don't fall out when running. Get the 20 round unless you have a good amount of real estate for the 28

Good advise. Also if your unsure the shell holders are removable just in case 28rds is a little much.

I would just go 28 and you can always remove the extra ones. An advantage I like is being it has the elastic it's not hard to move it around if you want it out of the the way to go prone or if you wanna move it around a little to get the shells out easier on the far side. It holds the shells very secure and it is much cheaper per shell than the others out there. Like has been said I have seen fewer and fewer as the quad load seems to be what everyone pushes. I keep the load 2 because for me it's plenty fast and i can load it proficiently in match conditions and really have no desire shoving shells in a gun for hours on end to try and shave a second off an 8 shell load. I also don't like or want a bunch of stuff hanging off a belt that I then need connectors for so I can swap it all out and end up with several hundred bucks in a belt.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, if you wear this and have to deal with prone position on a stage, leave one set of clips empty on the support side (I'm right-handed, so I leave the left-most set of clips empty). That gives me an easy handle to push the belt around out of the way (if I go prone later in a stage) or pull it into position (if I go prone early and start with the Chameleon off to the side). It works very well and takes very little time. It can be a lot easier than going prone on a beltful of caddies.

By the way, if you wear this and have to deal with prone position on a stage, leave one set of clips empty on the support side (I'm right-handed, so I leave the left-most set of clips empty). That gives me an easy handle to push the belt around out of the way (if I go prone later in a stage) or pull it into position (if I go prone early and start with the Chameleon off to the side). It works very well and takes very little time. It can be a lot easier than going prone on a beltful of caddies.

On that note its also very easy to remove if your running into the next position & have the extra time. I've dropped mine on accident many times and the shell holders are very resilient.

Love mine. A buddy and I ordered at the same time and split the shipping costs. I have had no issues with shells shifting or falling out on the run. Its really easy to rotate the belt to your back if you have to go prone. Depending on stage design I usually can get away with running a few slugs on the far left with room for normal shot...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering modifying my Chameleon vest for weak-hand quad loads. I'm thinking I just have to punch out some new screw holes and move every second shell holder. Perhaps also rotate them all, and elevator the weak-side holder of each pair? Anyone thought about this?