Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chameleon Fabrics load 2 belt

Widows, I started from one end by putting one holder against the fabric edge. Then I figured how much to space off to make the next one touch. Space between pairs is stock spacing, and I can still do load-2 with the belt this way because of this space. I only ended up using 2 or 3 factory hole sets, all others were added to fit the pattern. The last holder at the other end is also touching the fabric edge. I ended up drawing it up on masking tape on the belt, measuring things with a right-angle and caliper, then using a punch and hammer to put in the new holes. With this spacing I was able to fit 12 holders, 24 shells on the 20 shell belt. The extra two holders sourced from: 1 - the spare it comes with, 1 - I bought two belts initially and took the spare from the second one.

I also used a belt sander to remove material from the shell cups. Two reasons, one it allows the adjacent holders to be closer together (very important for load-4 I'm finding), two it slightly decreases retention (also important when trying to grab 4 shells off the belt at once).

One thing I learned is that getting adjacent holders spaced properly is tricky. If you measure it out so they are touching with the belt flat, once you wear the belt the curvature separates them by quite a bit. So to measure it out you should work on it while curved - though it will never store flat again if you build it that tight.

Widows, I started from one end by putting one holder against the fabric edge. Then I figured how much to space off to make the next one touch. Space between pairs is stock spacing, and I can still do load-2 with the belt this way because of this space. I only ended up using 2 or 3 factory hole sets, all others were added to fit the pattern. The last holder at the other end is also touching the fabric edge. I ended up drawing it up on masking tape on the belt, measuring things with a right-angle and caliper, then using a punch and hammer to put in the new holes. With this spacing I was able to fit 12 holders, 24 shells on the 20 shell belt. The extra two holders sourced from: 1 - the spare it comes with, 1 - I bought two belts initially and took the spare from the second one.

I also used a belt sander to remove material from the shell cups. Two reasons, one it allows the adjacent holders to be closer together (very important for load-4 I'm finding), two it slightly decreases retention (also important when trying to grab 4 shells off the belt at once).

One thing I learned is that getting adjacent holders spaced properly is tricky. If you measure it out so they are touching with the belt flat, once you wear the belt the curvature separates them by quite a bit. So to measure it out you should work on it while curved - though it will never store flat again if you build it that tight.

Would you mind sharing the approximate dimensions you used for hole spacing, I am going to do this same modification to my belt for Hard as Hell and Ironman. Since you have already done 90% of the leg work, and done very well i might add.

• 1 year later...

I looked on behalf of a friend a while back and the website was nowhere to be found. Even a few EU-based shooting accessory distributors marked them as "unavailable"... I assumed they are now out of business. A pity - this was far and away the most cost effective way of carrying 26 extra shells. I guess I have a collectors item now :D

Edited by StealthyBlagga

23 hours ago, adamge said:

That is a pity.  It was good to have something that was a discount compared to traditional solutions that I could recommend to those new to 3gun.

Have them post a "WTB" ad in the classifieds here... there are probably a lot of folks who picked one up for the same reason, but now have moved on to a shotshell carrier they find works better for them and thus would be willing to part with theirs for a modest price. The post above yours is an example.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

• 2 months later...

I bought one 4-5 years ago when they first came out. It took a loooong time.  So long I thought I got scammed and wrote it off as a lesson learned but then one day it arrived.  Back then the stretchy belt was awesome but the load two clips were too narrow and too tight.  I sold it.  But I liked the stretchy belt so much I ordered just the belt 2-3 years ago and have attached my invictus practical 4Q caddies to it.  The second shipment was much quicker.  2 weeks maybe

On 4/15/2017 at 2:00 AM, JesseTischauser said:

I bought one 4-5 years ago when they first came out. It took a loooong time.  So long I thought I got scammed and wrote it off as a lesson learned but then one day it arrived.  Back then the stretchy belt was awesome but the load two clips were too narrow and too tight.  I sold it.  But I liked the stretchy belt so much I ordered just the belt 2-3 years ago and have attached my invictus practical 4Q caddies to it.  The second shipment was much quicker.  2 weeks maybe

Jesse, got a pic?  There's been some similar Chameleon belt re-purposing posted here:

http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?/topic/237684-els-on-chameleon-chest-rig/#comment-2650274

The clips are too stiff and limited to load-2, but the belt is a nice unit and I'm sticking with it.