Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Benelli Rockcastle Tactical Shotgun Match

When looking in the rules for largest shot size, I found a couple of items.

5.5.7 All rounds loaded in the shotgun prior to the start signal must be of the same configuration (i.e. wad,

velocity, propelant, pellet weight, pellet size, length, etc.). Violations may be subject o Rule 10.6.1.

So if you stack some different loads in your preload, it's a match DQ for unsportsmanlike.

Appendix E1: Ammunition

17. The Match Director and/or the Range Master may restrict the ammuniton to be used to certain

maximum shot sizes or certain types for reasons of safety. Any such requirement is to be advised

prior to the match dates.

I'm good to go with whatever, all the big match rules I looked at was #6 max, but I'll be bringing some #4's just in case.

This sort of ridiculousness is why all the shotgun matches avoid IPSC rules. Some of the most challenging fun in shot gunning is mixed load stages.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I mix heavy and light bird shot? Or does every round have to be exactly the same on each stage?

All the rounds in the shotgun prior to the start signal must be the same. After the start signal, I do not find a prohibition on mixing loads within the main type (buck, slug, bird)

The competitor briefing should be sent out shortly to all registered competitors through the email address you provided when you registered. Course descriptions are contained therein.

Question... I had to withdraw a couple months ago due to an event I am responsible for at my job that weekend. Does anyone know if I can get a refund of my entry fee, or do I just lose it?

Please call Rockcastle and get that sorted out. They are handling that end of it. Did you follow your personal management link in Practiscore and withdraw already?

Gamaliel will be present at the match. They are going to send out a preorder sheet on Monday. So if you do not want to ship ammo, this'll make that easy.

Will there be any other vendors be at the match?

Edited by banger

Gamaliel will be present at the match. They are going to send out a preorder sheet on Monday. So if you do not want to ship ammo, this'll make that easy.

Will there be any other vendors be at the match?

I do not know.

Shotgun Ready Conditions:

8.1.1.1 Loaded (Option 1): magazine filled and fitted (if applicable), chamber(s) loaded, hammer and/or sear cocked and safety catch applied (if the shotgun is designed to have one).

8.1.1.2 Loaded (Option 2): magazine filled and

fitted (if applicable), chamber(s) empty and the action closed.

8.1.1.3 Unloaded (Option3): fixed magazine must be empty, detachable magazines removed and chamber(s) must be empty. The action/bolt may be open or closed.

I believe empty chamber starts are only 8 in gun/tube.

It does not say that anywhere in the ruleset. All the answers I found in the IPSC Global village and which I got back from IPSC ROs indicate empty chamber starts allow 9 in the magazine tube only for Standard and Standard Manual. Open is 10 for detachable mags and 14 for fixed magazines.

If someone has a rule citation I may have missed, please let me know.

In Outlaw, the Option 2 start will be only 8 in the tube.

Edited by MarkCO

Looking at the rules speadsheet for standard, "initial load prior to start" - "Max of 9 rounds loaded" .... So nothing about them being in the tube.

SO I AM ASSUMING YOU CAN PUT ONE ON THE LIFTER ON A EMPTY CHAMBER START. UNLESS stated in the stage brief???

On OPTION 2 start, Can you put one on the lifter?

• 8.1.1.2 Loaded (Option 2): magazine filled and fitted (if applicable), chamber(s) empty and the action closed.

Edited by roxymajor

Looking at the rules speadsheet for standard, "initial load prior to start" - "Max of 9 rounds loaded" .... So nothing about them being in the tube.

SO I AM ASSUMING YOU CAN PUT ONE ON THE LIFTER ON A EMPTY CHAMBER START. UNLESS stated in the stage brief???

• 8.1.1.2 Loaded (Option 2): magazine filled and fitted (if applicable), chamber(s) empty and the action closed.

For now, I would not assume you can put a round on the lifter and be in compliance with the start conditions. If that changes and I have time to post it here, I will.

In any event, the stage ROs will have clear direction on the allowable start conditions.

Edited by MarkCO

For now, I would not assume you can put a round on the lifter and be in compliance with the start conditions. If that changes and I have time to post it here, I will.

In any event, the stage ROs will have clear direction on the allowable start conditions.

We did at the last two Ipsc Pan Am Championships.

We did at the last two Ipsc Pan Am Championships.

WADR, it is not what anyone did or did not do at another match. It is what is allowed under the current, 2015 ruleset.