Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pulled the trigger once fired two rounds

lizz

Two rounds fired with one trigger pull in my Springfield Armory 1911. It happened twice. I shot 250 rounds fine between the two incidents. Any idea what would cause it?

Double fires mean a problem in the firing group like hammer, sear and disconnector. I think the disconnector is the first culprit to suspect. This should be fixed before shooting the gun. For testing purposes, only load two or three rounds in the mag in case it goes for multiples beyond the value of "two".

Edited by bountyhunter

If you're not comfortable with disassembling your 1911 down to the sear spring and other fire control parts, you could call Springfield Armory's customer service department. I've heard nothing but good things about their customer service. My bet is they'll want to have a look at one of their guns that's misbehaving like that.

1-800-680-6866

http://www.springfield-armory.com/customer-service/

First thing and the cheapest is to check the sear spring tension. Sounds likes it need more.

This has been the remedy for the two occurrences I've had with doubling.

First thing and the cheapest is to check the sear spring tension. Sounds likes it need more.

This has been the remedy for the two occurrences I've had with doubling.

Same thing with mine. It only happened once and that's all it took for me. Added a touch more tension to the left leg of the sear spring and solved the problem.

Thanks. I'm going to have the sear spring looked at. A few people said maybe a bump fire but why would I start bump firing now. Plus I don't feel much recoil when I'm shooting this gun.