Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trojan with Dawson CRP package mag question

ChrisW

Getting ready to get a .40 Trojan from Dawson with the CRP package they do. Does anyone use the Wilson 47NX with .350 basepads? Wondering if this will still fit in the USPSA box ok? Are they easy to push in with the Ice Magwell?

Anything else you can tell me would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

Get the tripp corey mags...my trojan identical to yours didn't run with the wilsons, but when I got the tripp mags, it ran like a top.

+1 for .40SW mags. Later on if you also want to increase capacity to 10 rnds buy the Flex followers from Tripp to convert the mags from 9-rnd "Corey" mags to 10-rnd "System" mags.

Getting ready to get a .40 Trojan from Dawson with the CRP package they do. Does anyone use the Wilson 47NX with .350 basepads? Wondering if this will still fit in the USPSA box ok? Are they easy to push in with the Ice Magwell?

Thanks,

Chris

This is the exact setup I use and have had no issues. The gun runs great and it fits the box with room to spare.

The type of bullet & OAL you plan on running can make a difference in which magazine will work best in your gun. I have two complete sets (Wilson & Tripp) in 10mm to load long. Both brands required a little tuning to work, but the Wilson mags are more reliable with my current load. I'd recommend purchasing one of each before going all in.

Chris, I'll bring some Checkmate 10mm mags Monday. I guess they are the best kept secret out there. They make the followers for Tripp's mags (not the Flex followers). $26 at Top Gun Supply.

Thanks,

Chris

I run these mags and basepads on my STI USPSA Edt 40 and it fits in the box with no problem. I have the factory magwell I think its a Techwell.

Edited by deerassassin22