Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why sight tracker?

durdy1

I just finished breaking my new one in (replacing the recoil spring in the morning) and I am not sure what to say. I came from a para 45 with really soft loads and I expected more violence out of the SV in 40. I shot the last 200 in load development and just having fun, and at a 175 pf it is as soft as the 45 was. I don't loose the sights till the slide cycles forward (over sprung for the break in I assume?) they dip just slightly then they are back without me telling it where to go. I despise F.O. sights and this little dark square ends up where I need it instinctively.

Did you know STI makes a similar product:

http://stiguns.com/guns/apeiro/

I have one on order as they are back logged.

I think the SVI is an awesome product and I want one bad; however, some one earlier in this thread stated it may be a lot of coin to drop if you are just getting into shooting sports. So once i've got more experience under my belt, as a reward I'll purchase a new sight tracker.

Good luck!

Will

I can't comment on a sight tracker per se....But I shot only revolvers for about 3 years. Not once did I pick up a bottom feeder. Then one morning dry firing the hammer broke and I was supposed to go do some live fire practice that night. I already had the 45 ammo loaded, so I borrowed my dad's 1911 to go shooting.

When I fired the 1st shot I was like " holy shiit " I never noticed how the sight moves back before that shot. If I was going to shoot limited I think I'd want a sight tracker.

Edited by Racinready300ex

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 6" 2011, 5" BCG Pro and a 5" Sight Tracker. Got the sight tracker because of same reason you are thinking now, it all makes sense, however other than the fact its cool looking and I paid allot for it, I see no difference in seeing sights or splits times.

That being said I only been playing this game for about 5 years and I ain't a GM...yet.

Hate to burst bubbles but if I knew then what "I" know now, ida saved the dollars.

And yes I continue to shoot the sight tracker (1.5 years now) because its the only gun of the three I bought new, and therefore its sorta my gun, waste of money or not ;-), its that pretty girlfriend that don't really do anything better than the ugly ones.