Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good moly/plated bullets

Kevin Kline

Hey guys,

I've been shooting jacketed bullets for the last 3-4 years, but have now debated trying some either moly or plated bullets. I know about Precicison, but what others are there? Also, I don't want to shoot lead, but am tired of paying the higher prices of jacketed, anyone got a better solution. How inexpensive are the moly/black/plated bullets. When I last shot them 4 years ago, I used Ranger black bullets, but they were only going for like $45 a thousand. I can't get any info from Precicison.

:)

• 1 month later...

I use MasterBlaster's for several reasons:

1) Cheap

2) Tom the owner really stands behind his product, and is willing to work with you.

3) Very Consistant

4) Less Powder

5) Most importantly he lives about 10 milrs away, and I can pick them up in person

I am just getting started with reloading and have picked up my first can of Masterblaster's 180gr .40 cal for all the reasons that sasquatch listed. It's a very popular bullet locally and Tom is very helpful to newbies like me.

splashdown

• 2 months later...
I am just getting started with reloading and have picked up my first can of Masterblaster's 180gr .40 cal for all the reasons that sasquatch listed.  It's a very popular bullet locally and Tom is very helpful to newbies like me.

splashdown

Anyone out there moly coating their own cast bullets, I've done lots of jacketed but would like to know how to do my cast pistol bullets. Thanks,

Six Shot

I've ahd pretty good luck with rainier ballistics. I like jhacketed better because I can put a heavier crimp on them which my gun prefers, but I was able to get them to acceptable levels of reliability. Accuracy was fine.