Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mini Mr. Bullet Feeder Question

deerassassin22

I have a DAA bullet feeder and use the BBI 200. No issues at all.

lol Probably know the owner of BBI or something! :goof:

I loaded two types of 9mm BBI's last week and they needed a little more flair from the MBF funnel to not skin them alive compared to jacketed or plated bullets. Other than that they load just like any other bullet for me. :cheers::cheers:

They work great, never had a problem with it. Definitely speeds up loading. My wife wanted one for her press and now she wants the big bullet feeder. If all depends how much you load and how much you want to spend. But they are worth the money!

• 1 year later...

wow someone has a wife that that reloads! I blew my budget on a new 650 and my wife does not reload but she is watching me.......I have heard great things about DAA bullet feeders. Question is the mini vs the full size. For 2 calibers (9mm and .223) the mini DAA (really 2 minis) is about $250 and big one (set up for one plus a conversion kit) is $650.

Anyone have experience with a mini on 650 for 9mm and .223? Plus/minus. Is it really worth $400 for the big kit?

Thanks

BTW for 9mm I use lead coated Bayou Bullets FN 140 grn, for .223 I use Hornady 55 grn jacketed

Edited by Quag

I use the mini, works fine once you get it set up. Just have to remember your "set points", when to switch to the next tube. I run Zero 9mms, iirc I can get 97 in/on the tubes. Have to check. I am, though, thinking of the bigger beast to put on the 650.

I don't own one of these but my guess is since each bullet length is different they have to have some type of adjustment so when you turn the empty tube to the full one it isn't in the middle of the bullet but between two.

Had both. The mini is a waste of time.

No time saved, just that point of the process is done beforehand.

It is probably slightly faster, and I guess you get better alignment (in theory)... in practice I think you are totally right, though.

Had both. The mini is a waste of time.

No time saved, just that point of the process is done beforehand.

Agreed. The loading is faster but now you have a new preparation step that you didn't have before. Tube filling. The speed benefit is all in the collator. Save up and get the big boy.

Get their "Die Assembly Only", http://www.doublealpha.biz/mr-bulletfeeder-die-assembly

"Collate" manually. Now you have about 5 bullets in the pipe and you can feed it totally blind. The die will drop the bullet nicely.

I have found this to be one of the most useful buys I've made. Nice noiseless setup too. Next step is the full auto.

Another that I really liked is their stepped powder funnel. http://www.doublealpha.biz/mr-bulletfeeder-powder-funnel

Bullets tended to fall out standing on just a bell, especially if the indexing plate jumped. This funnel makes better space for the bullet to seat deeper and never need to straighten the bullet in the seating station.

These two together make quite comfy manual setup.