Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW MATCH GRADE COATED BULLETS

bowenbuilt

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered some 147gr blues the other day so I could try them out was was diddapointed to see there was a mangled bullet that weighed 111gr in the test batch inordered. Plus it's interesting how the bullets actually weight 149gr. Makes me think they are 147gr before they add the coating. I think I will try acme next.

bowenbuilt beat me!

Here is a bullet shape comparison - ACME 40SW 200gr RN Vs Zero 45ACP 230gr RN

And a weight comparison - 40SW 200gr, random 20 samples.

post-39840-0-70392400-1433545653_thumb.j

post-39840-0-34211200-1433545665_thumb.j

Edited by jaep1911

I got my initial order of 125 gr 9mms a couple of days ago, look real good, will post again after shooting some. Think the little box of candy is cute, wish they had all been Tootsie Rolls :roflol: .

Just ordered some of the 180gr .40SW ACME bullets to try. So from what I understand, I should use load data for cast lead bullets to get started? Will be using Titegroup and loading for use in a RIA High Cap Tactical #51782. From what I have found so far, looks like I should probably start out with ~4.3-4.5gr of Titegroup and see how it goes? Anyone have any suggestion for OAL to use for the RIA?

Just ordered some of the 180gr .40SW ACME bullets to try. So from what I understand, I should use load data for cast lead bullets to get started? Will be using Titegroup and loading for use in a RIA High Cap Tactical #51782. From what I have found so far, looks like I should probably start out with ~4.3-4.5gr of Titegroup and see how it goes? Anyone have any suggestion for OAL to use for the RIA?

That range of TG is a good starting point, I believe, unless you go with crazy short lengths. Good luck! Please share the result.

Edited by jaep1911

I started a thread on this because there isn't much load data on these hi-tek coated/cast bullets. ( http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=215201#entry2393381)At one point, I read/told that you take 10% off. I actually loaded a couple hundred of these about 2 weeks back using TG and I loaded them at 4.3gr @ 1.135 OAL for my XDM. Haven't shot them yet because of life but once I do, I'll report back. First time using TG as well.

Edited by Meyer23

I can tell you one thing, both of the .45 ACP rounds will shoot! Top group was the 230 RN and bottom the new 200 grn SWC. Both groups were standing at 25 yards shot through my El Cheapo blaster. I put new sights on it today and this is what I got when testing the front sight height for zero.

ACME%20groups.jpg

Edited by bowenbuilt

I think that these look cool. I just wish these companies that make coated offered some sort of small 10 round packs so I could try them out as to barrel fit. I have some blue bullets that are too tight no matter the oal i load.

Edited by Mahlsan

I think that these look cool. I just wish these companies that make coated offered some sort of small 10 round packs so I could try them out as to barrel fit. I have some blue bullets that are too tight no matter the oal i load.

What kind of gun and barrel?

You will need to send them back to Dan with some dummy rounds loaded out to 1.140 and get him the ream the chambers and throat them for you. After that you can shoot any coated or plated round you want and loaded out as far as the magazines will let you. Otherwise you are pretty much stuck with jacketed or factory ammo for those 2 barrels.

I can tell you one thing, both of the .45 ACP rounds will shoot! Top group was the 230 RN and bottom the new 200 grn SWC. Both groups were standing at 25 yards shot through my El Cheapo blaster. I put new sights on it today and this is what I got when testing the front sight height for zero.

WOW! Great stuff! My eyes cannot even see those squares at 25yrds :(

Acme sells 100 packs for around $10 on their website. Surely that's a good value if you want to test some loads and lengths, no?