Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW MATCH GRADE COATED BULLETS

bowenbuilt

I bought once-fired brass from ACME and they included sample coated bullets in the package. These are the best 'looking' coated bullets that I have ever seen so far. Dunno how to describe the differences but the coating is extremely uniform and smooth like good painting. No 'orange peel' texture. If they had 200gr bullets in 40cal, I would buy some right away. I wish there was a chamfer on the bottom edge tho.

PS: They also included a gift for Easter. Nice touch!

post-39840-0-25440500-1427933361_thumb.j

Edited by jaep1911

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought once-fired brass from ACME and they included sample coated bullets in the package. These are the best 'looking' coated bullets that I have ever seen so far. Dunno how to describe the differences but the coating is extremely uniform and smooth like good painting. No 'orange peel' texture. If they had 200gr bullets in 40cal, I would buy some right away. I wish there was a chamfer on the bottom edge tho.

PS: They also included a gift for Easter. Nice touch!

That was my thought as well. Unbelievably smooth and slick compared to my bullets from MBC.

Im still waiting for my local shop to get the 9mm's in. No reason to buy them over the internet, when I can just pick them up. Sales tax and shipping charges together kind of suck.

ACME has just added a discount for the members of this site. The discount code is ENOS5. Every little bit helps.

They also added another code for free range brass. If you purchase 500 .40 caliber coated bullets and 500 range brass put "freebrass" in the discount slot you get the 500 pieces of cleaned .40 S&W range brass for free with the order.

Looks like the coupon no longer works:

Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

They were unaware of this problem. It will be fixed by the end of today. The 124 grain bullets are available, the 147 and 115's are still in the development stage. They have made several molds for these but are not satisfied yet with the final product. They will be available soon. Also, be sure to use all upper case like FREEBRASS or ENOS5 when putting it the discount slot.

I should presume there is no discount since it hasn't worked for the past week or so?

OK guys. I bought some of these bullets the first of March and did a little test with them before going to the 2015 AL sectional. With 4.6grains of N320, I was bench shooting them with a 2" group @ 20yds. If I can get a picture posted of the group, I will. They were so accurate with N320, I shot the AL match with them and they performed beautifully. I ordered 4K more and got 2K pieces brass all shipped for under $380. In my book, that's a deal. They did not shoot with my reg powder of WST as well, but not bad. As good as any other bullet. I picked up some Alliant BE-86 amd will testing it also.

OK guys. I bought some of these bullets the first of March and did a little test with them before going to the 2015 AL sectional. With 4.6grains of N320, I was bench shooting them with a 2" group @ 20yds. If I can get a picture posted of the group, I will. They were so accurate with N320, I shot the AL match with them and they performed beautifully. I ordered 4K more and got 2K pieces brass all shipped for under $380. In my book, that's a deal. They did not shoot with my reg powder of WST as well, but not bad. As good as any other bullet. I picked up some Alliant BE-86 amd will testing it also.

What bullets 45 acp 230gr.coated ?

Apologies but this is with 180gr 40cal.

Apologies but this is with 180gr 40cal.

Thanks 4.6grains didn't look right for 45

ACME has just added a discount for the members of this site. The discount code is ENOS5. Every little bit helps.

They also added another code for free range brass. If you purchase 500 .40 caliber coated bullets and 500 range brass put "freebrass" in the discount slot you get the 500 pieces of cleaned .40 S&W range brass for free with the order.

Looks like the coupon no longer works:

Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

They were unaware of this problem. It will be fixed by the end of today. The 124 grain bullets are available, the 147 and 115's are still in the development stage. They have made several molds for these but are not satisfied yet with the final product. They will be available soon. Also, be sure to use all upper case like FREEBRASS or ENOS5 when putting it the discount slot.

I should presume there is no discount since it hasn't worked for the past week or so?

Just for you RDA FIFY :):

Mitch,

I just reviewed the coupon code. You can enter it as "ENOS5" or "enos5" and it works. I think while I was doing some updating I wiped out the categories. It is now fixed. If anyone still has issues call me direct at 414-935-8933. But I did test it now so it should be all set to go until 2016.

Jessica

Edited by bowenbuilt

Just for you RDA FIFY :):

Mitch,

I just reviewed the coupon code. You can enter it as "ENOS5" or "enos5" and it works. I think while I was doing some updating I wiped out the categories. It is now fixed. If anyone still has issues call me direct at 414-935-8933. But I did test it now so it should be all set to go until 2016.

And, order placed, looking forward to giving them a try.

So I decided to give acme a try, placed an order Monday and they came in today, not too bad especially from WI to NC. Their website states they can ship up to 3 sample boxes in the same package for $6 so I figure great, I will try the 9, 40, and 45's. When I went to check out the shipping jumped to $14, so I back it down to just the 9 and 40's and the shipping goes back to $6 so I place the order, no sense in paying more than double in shipping for a 100 round sample box.

This is what came in my package today:

822A08DB-49E4-4263-B6FD-407D9A7ABFAC.jpg

Now Im scratching my head wondering what the third box holds so I open them up and find this:

58469F5E-BB68-4343-A1D8-4A76B2168496.jpg

Now thats a nice touch with the candy and the "1 for luck" but wouldnt it make more sense to sell me the other sample pack for the same shipping rate instead of losing that and then giving me a box of candy? Maybe its just a temporary programming error, no big deal either way as the 9 and 40's were what I was mainly interested in anyway.

By the way the acme boxes they ship in have kind of a charred wood smell to them, reminds me of being in an old small town general store with a woodburning stove in the corner.

The coating on them is very nice but honestly doesnt seem any thicker or more uniform than my current favorite coated bullet from Ibejiheads. The real test will be in how they shoot. If their metallurgy really is that much better and they are superior to the rest I will be happy to buy from them in bulk. I hope they eventually offer their coating on their full line as my CZ P09 seems to like lighter .40 cal bullets better. Oh yea, the enos5 discount worked for me.

Mine came in as well today, I also got an extra "Easter" box with some candy. They shipped fast and safely. The boxes the bullets come in are overkill but memorable and between the boxes and strapping, it isn't too likely to suffer USPS shipping issues that seem to happen with other flat rate bullet deliveries.

Inspecting a few, they seem pretty similar to other Hi-Tek coated bullets I have but I'll reserve further judgement until I put some down range.

Mine came in as well today, I also got an extra "Easter" box with some candy. They shipped fast and safely. The boxes the bullets come in are overkill but memorable and between the boxes and strapping, it isn't too likely to suffer USPS shipping issues that seem to happen with other flat rate bullet deliveries.

Inspecting a few, they seem pretty similar to other Hi-Tek coated bullets I have but I'll reserve further judgement until I put some down range.

I would be very interested in what you find after you shoot them. I think the design of the molds are exceptional with a minimal ogive and meplat on the flat nosed versions and almost an exact copy of OEM jacketed on the round nose versions. This allows longer OAL and puts the maximum amount of weight in the rear of the bullet with no lube groove. Please let us know what you think.

Our local shop here in WI sells lots of the Acme lead bullets, but will be getting these in stock in the next few weeks. Im interested in 9mm as well. Supposedly these will be triple coated with HiTek. Price looks about right, right around the same their regular lead bullets.

What am I missing?

2500 124gr RN from Acme = 197.75 incl. shipping or 7.91c/rd.

A case of 3500 124gr RN from Bayou runs $246 shipped, or 7.02c/rd

A case of 3700 SNS 125r RN runs $261 shipped, or 7.05c/rd

A case of 3500 124gr CN from BBI runs $235 shipped or 6.71c/rd

A case of 3600 (non Hi-Tek, but decent coating) 125gr RN Blue Bullets runs $256 shipped, or 7.11c/rd

We can also get Xtreme 124gr RN for 8c/rd before sales.

What makes the 'magic' to price a new, yet another Hi-Tek coated bullet, with quality established and known competition out there, 1c higher/rd even with discount code?

Always happy to see a new business, but not when they're not price-competitive.

Edited by rtp

Our local shop here in WI sells lots of the Acme lead bullets, but will be getting these in stock in the next few weeks. Im interested in 9mm as well. Supposedly these will be triple coated with HiTek. Price looks about right, right around the same their regular lead bullets.

What am I missing?

A case of 3600 (non Hi-Tek, but decent coating) 125gr RN Blue Bullets runs $256 shipped, or 7.11c/rd

What makes the 'magic' to price a new, yet another Hi-Tek coated bullet, with quality established and known competition out there, 1c higher/rd even with discount code?

You priced everyone else at 3000+ rounds and ACME at 2500 without the discount. You could call and get a price with discount and then compare prices more effectively.

What am I missing?

You priced everyone else at 3000+ rounds and ACME at 2500 without the discount. You could call and get a price with discount and then compare prices more effectively.

I priced at the Acme case price + shipping and converted to price per round.

Acme's offered case is 2500 - not really my issue if they decided to over-price or not offer 'full cases' - why would I need to call them when Bayou, BBI, SNS, Blue all have prices clearly stated for 'full' cases online? If they decide to offer a 'full' case online at a competitive price, it will be easy for all to see if they drop the ~1c/rd difference or not.

I like the wood boxes, but not the price difference. If they change their availability and qty pricing, I'm happy to add them to my 'try' list.

BTW - it seems you have some association with the vendor in question?

What am I missing?

I priced at the Acme case price + shipping and converted to price per round.

Acme's offered case is 2500 - not really my issue if they decided to over-price or not offer 'full cases' - why would I need to call them when Bayou, BBI, SNS, Blue all have prices clearly stated for 'full' cases online? If they decide to offer a 'full' case online at a competitive price, it will be easy for all to see if they drop the ~1c/rd difference or not.

I like the wood boxes, but not the price difference. If they change their availability and qty pricing, I'm happy to add them to my 'try' list.

BTW - it seems you have some association with the vendor in question?

I agree with you. For big volume shooters, 1 cent per bullet adds up over the long haul. Howver, I dont shoot the volume that you guys do, so .8 cents per bullet is not going to kill me. For me, the real nice thing about it is I can just go buy them local from the same place I buy all my powder, which is 5 minutes away. Or if I wanted to take a road trip, Ill drive the 90 minutes and go buy them direct from the factory.

Granted, I have not seen that many different Hi-Tek coated, other than Missouri Bullet Co (which I shoot) and some Bayou's that a guy at the local range was shooting. The Acme's are much slicker and almost look they are plastic.

Here is ACME's response. Now an increase to 10% off for the people on this site. But still at a 2500 case quantity. If you want them cheaper, order more on a phone call. I will also add that I am not employed by ACME and had nothing what so ever to do with their website. I just recognize a good product when I see it that may be just a little different from the rest. One of the main differences that I enjoy is no burnt wire smell, but that is just the tip. To load them is to love them.

We believe we have a superior product and have made quite an investment to ensure that. The comparisons this individual is doing is on bullets not exactly like ours, much less certainly not coated as many times, inspected 4 times and packaged with care. To top that, our service is second to none. I understand that sometimes, those things do not matter to people and they are very penny conscious. We all want to save money and I understand him wanting to know the "magic" involved to see the value. He is a savoy shopper and wants to ensure his investment is sound. I completely respect that.

The bottom line is this, as of late we have increased our efficiencies and made multiple changes to our processes to not only ensure a better product but keep our costs competitive with the market place. Therefore we have increased the discount for the Enos forum to 10%. By doing this it brings the 9mm 147 FP-NLG 2500 count to 7.14 cents a round. Keep in mind that calling us directly for "bulk" orders may get even better pricing/discounts. We handle those on a case by case basis and ship same day or next day.

The new coupon code is: ENOS10 and can be used multiple times and will not expire.

Thank you,

Jessica Jacklin

President-Owner

ACME Bullet Company

Edited by bowenbuilt

Here is ACME's response. Now an increase to 10% off for the people on this site. But still at a 2500 case quantity. If you want them cheaper, order more on a phone call. I will also add that I am not employed by ACME and had nothing what so ever to do with their website. I just recognize a good product when I see it that may be just a little different from the rest. One of the main differences that I enjoy is no burnt wire smell, but that is just the tip. To load them is to love them.

We believe we have a superior product and have made quite an investment to ensure that. The comparisons this individual is doing is on bullets not exactly like ours, much less certainly not coated as many times, inspected 4 times and packaged with care. To top that, our service is second to none. I understand that sometimes, those things do not matter to people and they are very penny conscious. We all want to save money and I understand him wanting to know the "magic" involved to see the value. He is a savoy shopper and wants to ensure his investment is sound. I completely respect that.

The bottom line is this, as of late we have increased our efficiencies and made multiple changes to our processes to not only ensure a better product but keep our costs competitive with the market place. Therefore we have increased the discount for the Enos forum to 10%. By doing this it brings the 9mm 147 FP-NLG 2500 count to 7.14 cents a round. Keep in mind that calling us directly for "bulk" orders may get even better pricing/discounts. We handle those on a case by case basis and ship same day or next day.

The new coupon code is: ENOS10 and can be used multiple times and will not expire.

Thank you,

Jessica Jacklin

President-Owner

ACME Bullet Company

A good response.

I'll note their price still doesn't include shipping (prices quoted above for various Hi-Teks are all shipped), but it's a good and reasonable response, and perhaps once they stock up and have 124gr in case quantity, we'll see them closer to parity with the others.

I wouldn't mind a non lube groove Hi-Tek bullet in 124/125gr that doesn't make me load short....and is close to price competitive on known quality vendors.

For the response alone, I ordered 500, with coupon code, and will see how they do.

I still recommend the swaged bullets for Precision Bullets. Very consistent in weight and dimensions.All have been very accurate. Can't think of any way to improve on these bullets.

too bad they dont offer different shaped heads, like a RN or the more popular 147 fp

Chet