NEW MATCH GRADE COATED BULLETS

bowenbuilt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hello: What length are you guys loading the 124's and 147's 9mm to? I am thinking of trying some for single stack minor in my Springfield Loaded 9mm. Thanks, Eric

Old profile of 124 1.130, new profile 1.060. PUSH TEST your projectile.

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

So far 9mm 124gr rn is the only mold change I am aware of. To bad looks like blues for me, the older acme profile seemed to chamber softer, load longer and just as accurate. Not buying the new profile 124, worst of all they didn't let anyone know or update the web. Acme is not my goto bullet manufacturer anymore.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought some 40SW recently and noticed that the color of the coating is darker and the coating looks more durable. There is absolutely no damage to the coating as I see the bullets in the shipping bag. Pretty impressive.

Ran this past weekend's L10 match with 180gr coated over 5.3gr Titegroup. Noticeable "acrid" smell, a little more smoke than my prior plated over Unique but seemed more consistent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Holy crap 5.3g titegroup and a 180? do you have a two inch barrel sir? hehe

I must just be lucky. The only time I have smelled the Hi-Tek coating on these is when I accidentally scraped off the coating. I have been shooting them for about 2 years in every caliber. Most of my shooting is outdoors but I occasionally visit an indoor range with a friend in a neighboring part of the State and I don't get that smell from these bullets, not a whiff. When I have shot other brands it was there to the point of making my eyes water so I know I am not immune to the smell. If you are smelling ACME's strongly the coating must be getting nicked on seating or there is some kind of reaction with TiteGroup which I never use.

I think the smell will go away now that you dropped your load from +++p. Tg is a very got powder and having that much extra was really cooking that bullet and maybe even after leaving the barrel :)

I think the smell will go away now that you dropped your load from +++p. Tg is a very got powder and having that much extra was really cooking that bullet and maybe even after leaving the barrel :)

TG IS A VERY HOT POWDER" FIXT :cheers:

Also, I've never smelled anything from my coated bullets with WST/TG/N320/W231 But with TG I wasn't loading ++++p :goof:

• 5 months later...