Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW MATCH GRADE COATED BULLETS

bowenbuilt

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received my assorted SAMPLE PACKS (100) this morning.

They Look Good, I like the LIPSTICK RED also.

The candy pieces in a box is a nice touch,as is the

1 EXTRA BULLET "FOR LUCK" packet.

The NICE little boxes with all the info stamped on them is a PLUS.

Small boxes such as these are probably more valuable to an

everyday lower volume shooter.

SERIOUS "HIGH VOLUME" competitive shooters would probably

prefer a LARGE BULK PURCHASE without any frills,

JUST THE LOWEST PRICE THEY CAN GET.

To each his own, GOOD SHOOTING.

ACME BULLET HI-TEK COATED projectiles (triple coated) look to be a winner.

Edited by moonman16

• 2 weeks later...

I've loaded 500 of the .40 and I like them. I like trying new stuff so I may try a different company next time due to be fairly new to this, but I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

• 2 weeks later...

Searching for a new Production load for a G34 last weekend using 124 grain bullets. I think I found it. The top left group is using 3.8 grains of ETR-7 loaded to 1.135 with ACME's 124 RN. Each group is a full magazine fired from 15 yards standing.

IMG_2451.jpg

Edited by bowenbuilt

I must be missing something ... went to their website & 2,500 147s was $180 + $12 shipping (no Benos discount offered that I could see) = 7.68 cents/rd

Buying in volume, Extreme plated 147s are still cheaper by a fair amount ..... ?

They offer a 10% discount for Enos members. If you can't get the discount code to work just call. benos10 goes in the discount block on checkout.

As an aside, I am not interested in who can make the cheapest bullets. Why would I pay $3500.00 for a gun and not bat an eye and then pursue only the cheapest bullets I can find to shoot? I have never quite understood this thinking. Does cheap make them somehow better? It's the same with powder and brass, does cheap make them better or do you get what you pay for? Sometimes "cheap" is too expensive.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I agree with this. The price differential is really minimal and in my case, I have had a major tumbling problem with extreme plated bullets. Probably just a combination of my load in my gun but I am not going to take the chance with them again. Plus, the ladies like the red bullets !

I still want to try the .40 but even with a 4k gun, if you shoot a lot, the cost adds up.

I'm aiming to shoot 40k this year. Price matters a lot for that.

With that said, my emphasis has always been ease of reloading, then function then price.

I still want to try the .40 but even with a 4k gun, if you shoot a lot, the cost adds up.

With that said, my emphasis has always been ease of reloading, then function then price.

Let me preface this by saying that I have no affiliation with any bullet company. I actually found out about ACME from this forum.

If you want to buy 2500 .40 180 grain bullets:

Extreme= 264.0

Bayou 238.00

Acme 229.30

Blue Bullets 230.00 (2550 rds)

BBI 225.00

P.S. you can get Acme 9mm 147 gr for 6.96 cents/rd with the discount

Let me preface this by saying that I have no affiliation with any bullet company. I actually found out about ACME from this forum.

If you want to buy 2500 .40 180 grain bullets:

Extreme= 264.0

Bayou 238.00

Acme 229.30

Blue Bullets 230.00 (2550 rds)

BBI 225.00

P.S. you can get Acme 9mm 147 gr for 6.96 cents/rd with the discount

SNS and Leatherhead are $239 per case on 40 cal 180 gr before shipping.

In 9mm I've used SNS, Leatherhead and blue bullets. There isn't a lot of price difference, but all have their pluses and minuses. In the end, I think the Leatherhead strike the best balance for my purposes.

Before going all in, I'd order a small quantity from each of the major reputable suppliers. Check how consistent the coating and weight is, shipping time, customer service and arrival condition. There are some differences!

They offer a 10% discount for Enos members. If you can't get the discount code to work just call. benos10 goes in the discount block on checkout.

As an aside, I am not interested in who can make the cheapest bullets. Why would I pay $3500.00 for a gun and not bat an eye and then pursue only the cheapest bullets I can find to shoot? I have never quite understood this thinking. Does cheap make them somehow better? It's the same with powder and brass, does cheap make them better or do you get what you pay for? Sometimes "cheap" is too expensive.

There is an old saying. Penny Wise... / ....Pound Poor

Like the folks that will drive 30 min to fill up with gas that 2 cents per gal cheaper. Huh !

Searching for a new Production load for a G34 last weekend using 124 grain bullets. I think I found it. The top left group is using 3.8 grains of ETR-7 loaded to 1.135 with ACME's 124 RN. Each group is a full magazine fired from 15 yards standing.

IMG_2451.jpg

That etr load grouping is some outstanding shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_2451.jpg

What is this powder ETR-7? Never heard of it before now ... What powder was used in the other two groups?

Edited by igolfat8

(Quote)

Posted Yesterday, 09:14 PM

Does Benos10 discount expires?

So for those who did some testing 9mm which one is your favorite? 124? 147?

How is this compare to Black bullets?

It is Enos10 and I used it last Friday, it does not expire. Put it in the box just before you check out. I have guns that favor the 124 and others that favor the 147's. You have to try them to see what yours likes best. ACME's is my favorite for many reasons but there are plenty of bullet companies to go around so again, just try some and see what you think.

(Quote)

What is this powder ETR-7? Never heard of it before now ... What powder was used in the other two groups?

ETR-7 is sold by Expansion Industries in Lynchburg, VA., It reminds you a lot of VV320 in burn rate and is just as soft shooting. I used VV320 for the other groups. Just got lucky and hit the magic for this particular gun with the ETR-7 load.

(Quote)

lcs

aka: FullRace

• photo-7776.jpg?_r=1424197860
  • Classifieds
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:30 PM

I received 2500 147. They shoot just as well as any coated 147. I like the fact they did not have a grease ring and they were semi FP.

I would make one comment to the owner of ACME...... The boxes are cool in a retail enviornment, but I'd rather have more bullets or the cost reduced. Those boxes have to add to the cost. Cool looking, but of no use to me. You could get more bullets in a USPS flat rate box without the wood.... :cheers:

I do like the BENOS discount !!!!

I have seen this comment many times about the cost of the wooden boxes so I inquired. Since they make their own boxes and already had the laser equipment before getting into bullet making the wooden boxes are the same cost as a good cardboard box. The wooden box does NOT add any additional cost to the shipping of the bullets so that does not factor into the cost. What does add additional costs is the extra coating and the intense amount of inspection before the bullets meet the QC to make it into the box. Their shipping prices are still cheaper than a lot of other dealers and faster than most as most orders ship the same day they are ordered.

I was just pricing some .45 and 9mm bullets on Acme's site, and it appears the discount only applies to 2500 count cases...but the .45 bullets I was looking at aren't even offered in >2000 count. So, is the discount only available on the smaller bullets?