Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW MATCH GRADE COATED BULLETS

bowenbuilt

It's all in the gun. This is the most accurate Glock I own. The slide was fitted to the frame and the barrel was fitted also. This things shoots like a rifle all I have to do it hold and squeeze. It helps when it's not raining in your face too.

Edited by bowenbuilt

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came back from testing the new 200 grain .40 bullets. While I was attempting to shoot this group it started raining. Gun and myself got soaked but I managed to get the group finished. It may have been the rain or I may have to adjust my sights to center the group up, I will have to try it again in better weather. This was with 4.2 of ETR-7 loaded to 1.140 OAL. This is a very soft shooting combination in my G24. This is a full magazine, 18 rounds.

Distance? Rest?

The 175 grain SWC's and the 200 grain RNFP's for .45 will be on the website in the next several weeks for those who are interested. The 200 grain RNFP can also be used in the .45 Colt cartridge.

Edited by bowenbuilt

• 2 weeks later...

The particular color of red is unique to ACME and done so they can be spotted easily in use. Most of the other colors have been established it's just something a little different. Since they are owned by a Female lipstick red was a natural choice I guess.

I'm still testing and I'm down between acme and the blue bullets. Regardless of color preference, if there is a clear performance winner I'll be shooting those. Even if they do look like lipstick. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought 100 124gr 9mm, loaded them over 3.6gr of Titegroup. Groups are decent, 3" with 10 shots rested at 50' with a few fliers that are likely me. Better than the 147's I bought. Still pretty sure my M&P Pro could use a new barrel.

Here is the new 200 grain RNFP .45 bullet;

ACME%20.45.jpg

This is the new 175 grain .45 SWC;

ACME%20175.jpg

How are you getting those? They're not on the site yet. Any idea what pricing will be on the .45 200gr RNFP?

Shot up 500 of the 125 9mm bullets

They shot good groups

Were actually slower across the chrono than same load/gun as blue bullets

In the past with other HiTek bullets they have been faster than blue bullets all things being equal.

Shot these out of a STI TruBor 9mm major gun at 1350 fps

No real smoke until I ran 3 or 4 mags in a row then the smoke billowed

But same thing happens with Bayou's and SnS and Black Bullets out of my major comp guns

Summary

Like them overall

Color is unique

Shoot well but not any better than the above 3 listed HiTek coated bullets ( 500 is a small sample though)

Would prefer they come without the box as I would prefer cost saving over a wood box I'll throw out

It's a nice touch for a low volume shooter

I'll buy more if I can get a bulk price w/o the box. Mostly because of the color, I can use them to distinguish

different loads at a glance with the different color bullets

Don't see "match" quality that others speak of but certainly good quality

Best of fortune to Acme bullets. I'm all for new companies in the shooting industry

jcc7x7

Shot 100+ of the 230gr 45acp offering. Good quality with consistent sizing, weights & coating. No groove.

The bright red is kinda fun and you can certainly find a cleared round easily.

Good groups out of several different pistols. Pleased.

A little more $ per K, though. I will try offerings in 40 & 9 now.

Bought 100 124gr 9mm, loaded them over 3.6gr of Titegroup. Groups are decent, 3" with 10 shots rested at 50' with a few fliers that are likely me. Better than the 147's I bought. Still pretty sure my M&P Pro could use a new barrel.

Titegroup not smokey, I know there are not moly but wondering ?

Here is the new 200 grain RNFP .45 bullet;

ACME%20.45.jpg

This is the new 175 grain .45 SWC;

ACME%20175.jpg

How are you getting those? They're not on the site yet. Any idea what pricing will be on the .45 200gr RNFP?

I test them before they are available. If they don't meet the quality standards it's back to the drawing board. I am fairly sure the 200's will be the same price as the SWC's, don't have a clue yet on the 175's. During testing of the 200 grn RNFP is was found that unless you have a long throated barrel do not order these for use in an ACP. They are super accurate in .45 Colt but unless you have a long throated .45 ACP the OAL is going to be too short for reliable feeding.

Edited by bowenbuilt

Finished up testing today on the 200 grn RNFP and the 175 grn SWC's. The group on the left was the 175 SWC behind 4.5 grains of RS Comp and the group on the right is the 200 grn RNFP with 9 grains of Unique. Shot off of sand bags at 25 yards. I was most surprised with the excellent group turned in by the light weight 175 grn wad cutters.

acme25yardtest.jpg

I was not very happy with the groups I was getting with the 9 grains of Unique so I tried 8 grains and now have all rounds touching at 25 yards. With a little more load development I am sure I can tighten them up even more.

acmetest.jpg

Edited by bowenbuilt

• 2 weeks later...

bowenbuilt,

You are probably the finest pistol group shooter I've seen. So that being said, you probably know a thing or two about which bullets shoot the best out of your various handguns.

I've always shot Zero JHPs and found them to be as precise shooting as any pistol bullet on the market. But now they are getting to be very hard to find and very expensive. I'm thinking of making the move to coated bullets like the Acme bullets, because I can't stand plated.

How would you compare the accuracy/precision of the Acme coated (at 25 or 50 yards) compared to, say, a Zero or Nosler 185 JHP (the best bullets I've ever shot in 45)?

Under the right conditions, using the right gun and having a good day my groups are OK but by far not as good as some I have shot with. Blake Gann is probably the best I have ever seen shooting groups that make mine look huge in comparison.

I agree with your statement that Zero and Nosler are extremely hard to beat in .45. Once you put in the work to find the right OAL and powder recipe you will be pleasantly surprised by how well coated bullets stack up against their jacketed counter parts. ACME's plain cast 200 grain SWC won the center fire prelims at Camp Perry last weekend, out of 617 shooters using all brands and types of bullets a lead SWC prevailed. The shooter will be using the same bullet next year only coated. Any of the coated bullets that are the correct size for your barrel, are consistent in weight and diameter shoot very nice groups. It may take a little more work to find the magic compared to jacketed but the accuracy potential is there. I would add that the only gun I have not been able to get a decent group out of using plated or coated bullets are ones using the older style AET barrels. If you are shooting an AET equipped gun jacketed is the only way to go. Some of the newer AET barrels do OK with coated but are just that, OK.

Edited by bowenbuilt

Thanks for the reply. As long as I know there's potential there, then that's good enough for me. I just hate bullets (like Rainier or West Coast plated) that just plain won't shoot. No matter which powder, OAL, crimp, etc, I used with those two plated bullets, I just couldn't get them to shoot to my precision standards.

I referred the ACME bullet to a well-known Bianchi Cup shooter (and firearm photographer), Ichiro Nagata. He has tested it along with two others (also coated) and given the ACME and one more supplier a go.

Well, can't chime in on performance, but can chime in for shipping. Order confirmed at 8:16 AM for 500 230gr and 500 124gr. Order shipped at 9:06 AM. That's pretty good in my book.