Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sketchup help in Ohio

crucker

Bwahaha! I can't figure it out either Cruck! Luckily there is a local shooter who is a whiz with it. He is part of my match staff. ;)

Hopefully you will get lucky and find the same solution. If not, I would say find a high schooler and have them mess with it for a few days and then give a few of your "staff" a class on it. My kids came in to the computer when I was messing with it one day and said it looked easy! LOL. They could probably put a stage on paper in 30 minutes having never used it before. Kids are smart that way.

It is very hard to use. It has been almost a year and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

It took me a lot of time to figure out how to move the props around without making them disappear below the floor.

There is something on you tube but there is no instruction just some one building a stage.

If I ever lose my sketch up guy I will just draw them out. It takes 10 minutes to design a stage and draw it out. Probably take me a few hours to get the same stage on sketch up. Waste of time unless you are really good with it

Time is my biggest enemy. I run two business. We have some type of shoot every weekend. Registered sporting clays once a month that I do all the computer work for. On top of getting USPSA up and running we got awarded the OSCA ohio state shoot for the next two years and we are getting everything ready for that. As soon a paving season starts back up im going to need a clone machine.

• 1 year later...

The key is to have all the different types of targets that you want to use in your stages already loaded into one stage, it's called "All Targets". Bring up SketchUp and open that file. Open SketchUp again by holding down the Shift key and clicking on the icon. Then open the "blank" stage to develop the design. From the "All Targets" stage, highlight a target and then cut it using CTRL C, go over to your blank stage and use CTRL V to paste the target onto the stage. Repeat as necessary.

BC

Edited by BillChunn

On moving props, the trick is to only move one direction at a time. You can use the arrow keys to lock a direction and keep it in the same vertical plane. Once I learned that life got much easier.

The key is to have all the different types of targets that you want to use in your stages already loaded into one stage, it's called "All Targets". Bring up SketchUp and open that file. Open SketchUp again by holding down the Shift key and clicking on the icon. Then open the "blank" stage to develop the design. From the "All Targets" stage, highlight a target and then cut it using CTRL C, go over to your blank stage and use CTRL V to paste the target onto the stage. Repeat as necessary.

BC

Thanks for the ideas and very helpful............however, Ctrl C is for copy and Ctrl X is for cut.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...