Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Remington Defense Fallen Brethren 3Gun Challenge

I also had a lot of fun at this year as well. The targets were easy to find and in the right proportion as far as the breakdown per gun. It is pretty difficult to come up with a criticism for the match as a whole, but the one thing that I noticed was the simplicity of the stages. I know that with natural terrain, options are not always easy, but it seemed like the stages were set up so that pretty much everybody had to run them exactly the same way. There were very few opportunities to vary your stage plan from what everybody else was doing. I would like to see that changed next year. Stage planning is as important as every other skill in shooting competition and this match took away the need for a plan. Just watch the guy in front of you and try to do the same thing only faster. Other than that, it was top notch. Thanks to Jim, the staff, and all of the sponsors - especially DSG for my awesome prize table pull.

I was one of the RO's on stage 5.

This was one of the best matches I have shot and worked. much better than last year.

being able to see the targets, was Great! 3 Gun is a shooting match, not a find the Tgt match!

as for the stages, the only thing I would like different, is more engagment options, With pistol and shotgun, for example, to mix it up a bit.

All in all

Great match,

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also had a lot of fun at this year as well. The targets were easy to find and in the right proportion as far as the breakdown per gun. It is pretty difficult to come up with a criticism for the match as a whole, but the one thing that I noticed was the simplicity of the stages. I know that with natural terrain, options are not always easy, but it seemed like the stages were set up so that pretty much everybody had to run them exactly the same way. There were very few opportunities to vary your stage plan from what everybody else was doing. I would like to see that changed next year. Stage planning is as important as every other skill in shooting competition and this match took away the need for a plan. Just watch the guy in front of you and try to do the same thing only faster. Other than that, it was top notch. Thanks to Jim, the staff, and all of the sponsors - especially DSG for my awesome prize table pull.

I was one of the RO's on stage 5.

This was one of the best matches I have shot and worked. much better than last year.

being able to see the targets, was Great! 3 Gun is a shooting match, not a find the Tgt match!

as for the stages, the only thing I would like different, is more engagment options, With pistol and shotgun, for example, to mix it up a bit.

All in all

Great match,

I agree with both of these. Having a little more variety in how you engage targets would be great, for example on the all shotgun stage it would have been cool to have a dump barrel at the end and you can engage the rest of the steel with pistol. The same with the bridge stage, being able to choose either the shotgun or pistol for the steel in the middle.

Regardless it was a great match and the simplicty of the stages isn't a knock on it (especially when you look at the scores and realize how many people timed out on all the stages).

Nick and I really enjoyed the match. Thanks to all the sponsors. RO's were great. Some of the best. Very helpful, kept everyone moving, and well organized. Stages were well thought out, with minimal reset. Squad 19 was a blast, made some new friends.

Gerrit & Nick

I wanted to add my thank you to Jim and the whole team that made this match possible. The event ran smooth and was a lot of fun. Add to that a little good luck with some great weather. I really liked the high steel content of the match. There is something so cool about hearing that ping roll back up the hillside when you find your mark... Thank you to all the sponsors.

2015 Fallen Brethren 3 Gun Challenge was my favorite multi gun match that I've attended.

The stages were balanced for shooters of all skill levels.

Event timing was dead on. Squads were never waiting or rushed to move from stage to stage.

The RO's were fair, courteous, and very attentive to safety. (A big match with ZERO match DQs is a testament to great RO's)

Food on Saturday & Sunday was outstanding.

Jim, Sandra, Brook, Sheldon, & crew have set a very high bar with this match.

Edited by GSonnen

I will continue the accolades, this was the best Fallen Brethren yet. It had the best stages and was the best organized. Plus it was a real shooting match so bring your trigger control.

Thanks to Jim, his staff and the generous sponsors.

I finally had time to unwind from the match :surprise:. I got to say this year was a awesome match when it came to rifle target presentation! Last year I timed out on 2 stages due to not being able to see the targets (shooting limited), no issue what so ever this year. I remember walking stages on Thursday and hearing side comments from shooters "Awww mann I should had shot limited, you can see those targets!" Kind of made me laugh, yes easier targets to see but they're still a pita to hit :roflol:. I really like the pace this year at the match, no stage was overly drawn out, and there was no pure "speed stage". There was so much steel to shoot at, it was hard not to leave a stage without having a smile on your face (except when your gun just stops working..) Pistol shots were lengthy but from I remember last year it was no harder or worst and I was prepared for it this year. (front sight stayed on the gun!). THANK YOU! too the RM,MD,RO's and rest of the Match Staff that made this match very smooth this year! And thanks to the sponsors! specially COLT for my new pretty rifle :D

Edited by DocMedic

So I chose this as my first major match that I had to fly to. Overall I loved the match. I really appreciated the large amount of steel, as I hate taping targets. It was all very straightforward with stage designs. This was a great match and I learned a lot about natural terrain matches. My only critique would be I would have liked a little more of all 3 guns being used. But I would like to say thank you to all the sponsors, Jim, Brooke, Sheldon and all the great RO's that made this match possible. Looks like I will be making a trip to Texas again next year.

First 3-Gun Major match that I've ever shot, and it sure set's the bar pretty high.

Loved the low reset, the fast and yet fun stages, the natural terrain made it something that I absolutely won't miss next year. Finally, the hard work from everyone involved, from organizing it, to working the stages and RO'ing, the effort was appreciated, noticed, and really made the match something special.

My only wish, is that there would have been more shotgun, while I understand it's not as reset friendly, it's also tremendously fun to shoot. While I can appreciate the way the match flowed, love to see some more shotgun in the future. Mind you, that's not a big deal, the match as is, was outstanding.

Edited by sundevil827

This was a killer match, well worth the travel from the east coast. Extremely well administrated, and the ROs were some of the best I've seen anywhere. I would like to see more options/optional targets, but it's hard to complain about anything else.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...