Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK Arms frame review

repins1911

So starting a new build. I ordered a CK Arms frame from Shooters Connection (who shipped it the same day, just saying). Looked for some reviews on their frames but could not find any, so I figured I would do one. I am not a "known" smith and do not refer to myself as one. I have built many 1911s and one 2011 and worked on all sorts of different handguns, rifles, shotguns. Grew up in my Father's gun shop and range and just had a knack for it. My smithing career was somewhat sidetracked for 20 years while in the Army; wasn't stateside enough to really get things going. Anyway, just a little background info on me so that hopefully the review holds a little more water than a shooter that arbitrarily decided to share his opinion.

Wanted to try something a little different and ordered the classic tactical CK frame with the intention of building a Marauder clone. I know Matt is a very respected smith and with the price of the frame and his reputation, I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Finish of the frame is excellent, no tool marks.

Frame is square and rails are parallel. The barrel bed is dead center between the rails.

I took the frame to the local technical college where the head machining instructor happens to be a shooting buddy. We measured everything that we could think of in his super high speed measuring machine. The most anything was off was off by tenths of thousands.

So yeah, their frames are worth a look. Price is very reasonable. Made by a company that stands by their products and firearms. I highly recommend their components and products. (I have shot a Cheely limited gun and was more than impressed with the quality.)

• 2 years later...