Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which gun(s) rule CCP?

bigdawgbeav

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems geared toward the G19 or smaller 1911s. HK45c loaded minor and the P30 (minus ambi slide stop to make width) are dark horses in this race. Expect to see some frankenguns sneak into local matches when folks figure out that a lot of compact uppers will fit on their full-sized SSP/ESP frames and still make dimensions.

My initial vote was for the 120mm mag VIP. After a match last Thursday, I saw that the fullsize 126mm mags do fit.

IF, and that's a big IF, the rules around CCP and BUG remain unchanged, I could see getting a VIP for CCP and a second top end for BUG.

I've got a Commander sized 1911 I'd like to use. I'm pretty sure I can shorten and recrown the barrel to meet the 4.1" the rules specify, if allowed. Might have to trim the ambi safety and check the width of the grips to make the 1 3/8" width, I think the only problem would be making weight with the magazines. Of course a plastic mainspring housing would save allot of weight over a stock steel. Then again it all might be more trouble then it's worth. I don't know, we'll see. Just might have to use a shadow in 9mm I have.

I thought CCP was to be 3.8" or less which takes out the G19 and G23. I believe the Canik Stingray with its 3.5" barrel and heavy steel frame will be the ticket.

8.2.4.1.3 Barrel length of 4.10” (104.1 mm) or less.

Interesting that we have a thread "Which guns rule CCP" even before the Division is being shot.

A Division written specifically for the Glock 19 is bringing out the (pre)gamers in droves.

Me? If I jump on the bandwagon, I will shoot my SA Ultra Compact 9mm.

Interesting that we have a thread "Which guns rule CCP" even before the Division is being shot.

A Division written specifically for the Glock 19 is bringing out the (pre)gamers in droves.

I was thinking the same! ;-)

! guess there are a lot of "gamers" shooting IDPA.

I'm all for gaming... go for it. Me personally, I'm not going to spend another cent trying to game up IDPA (I may eat those words later).

I will shoot this division almost exclusively this year, but I will do it will my M&P Shield9 from my CompTac MTAC holster, with Trijicon HDs, just like I carry it ~90% of the time. I may shoot it occasionally with my Glock 19 just to keep my proficiency up with my Glock 19. That's my plan.

I look forward to seeing some of the other's gamer guns for this division, I think we will see some nice looking pistols. I want to see how much of difference in scoring it really makes.

Oh, one last thing... I also want to beat them with their gamer guns! :devil:

I'm all for gaming... go for it. Me personally, I'm not going to spend another cent trying to game up IDPA (I may eat those words later).

I will shoot this division almost exclusively this year, but I will do it will my M&P Shield9 from my CompTac MTAC holster, with Trijicon HDs, just like I carry it ~90% of the time. I may shoot it occasionally with my Glock 19 just to keep my proficiency up with my Glock 19. That's my plan.

I look forward to seeing some of the other's gamer guns for this division, I think we will see some nice looking pistols. I want to see how much of difference in scoring it really makes.

Oh, one last thing... I also want to beat them with their gamer guns! :devil:

I agree,,,I am going to shoot my Shield (what I carry) to stay in practice!!!

But will mainly be running my STI eagle 45acp in ESP!!! (now that is a gamer gun when downloaded to 125,000!!!

I feel the same way. After both of my CZs were declared illegal for IDPA, I said I'd never buy another gun for this game. But as luck would have it, the custom CZ P01 that I got to carry will work in this division. So that's what I'll shoot. I don't expect to be competitive with our top shooters using their ESP and SSP guns. But I'll still have fun.

G23 with steel guide rod, 13# spring, lightweight striker, light striker spring, FO front sight, 125.1PF loads and the world famous 1 lb. Joe D Wonder Trigger. There will be more gaming in CCP than ESP. OTOH I may just buy a 4" 1911.

I am thinking of running my Beretta PX4 Storm in CCP. Might have to thin the right side safety to make it fit though.

Thing is, it is my official issued DUTY gun.... Will get me to shoot it more, which is a good thing.

I also think the STI VIP will be the hot ticket. A SA XD 4" should also fit the box.

Edited by 1911aow

If it's not listed under permitted modifications, it is illegal. Since shortening a barrel is not listed, it is illegal.

Thankfully I found that out before spending money on having my 3.9" Guardian reduced to 3.8" to make last year's BUG length.