Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Terrible Match Performance

JimmyZip

Went and shot my first match in over a year and a half. My job and traveling for it have kept me out of the dryfire dojo or the range for nearly that long. Just getting back. Everything felt awkward. Gun felt foreign to me. Just a real wake up call to what I have to do to get back in the game this year. Not to mention it was an all-classifier match to boot. My draw, reloads, accuracy, everything was in the toilet compared to the past.

It was awesome! Even though the pistol and the action felt foreign, deep down I felt in me heart that I was home shooting with my best of friends, making plans to shoot more matches, making deals on components, and practice sessions for an upcoming match.

Just Amazing. I love this sport!

good for you! I know how you feel. I travel ALOT!

In 2014, I literally spent more nights in hotels than in my home. Trying to balance that with family and hobbies is extremely difficult, it does make it easier to have an understanding wife. I shot a match in June (I think), then one more in September... and told my buddies this may the last match I get to shoot this year... :(

I was lucky and got one more match in before the end of the year.

I'm glad you had a great time.