New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it last Tuesday. 120ef9cf1a35dd85cdbc7b297203713a.jpg

Shot about 400 rounds out of it total now, and the only problem was one case hit the scope mount and got stuck, and that only happened with one of the new STI mags that it came with. When I got my Matchmaster a while back it would run fine with the MBX mags, but as soon as I put one of the STI mags in the gun it would have the failure to extract issue. I guess they need to be tuned. I also noticed a keyhole pattern on the primers, and it looks like the firing pin is protruding out of the breach face a little bit. So I had a extra brand new STI titanium firing pin that I keep in my emergency kit. I looked at them side by side, and the look totally different. I put the extra one I had in the gun and it did not like it at all!! Would not set off some primers, and also slide would not go into battery sometimes put the one that come with the gun back in and shot another 120 rounds and not one problem ran like a champ. I don't know if they are using a new type or not? I am going to call them Monday and ask. I will post pics of them side by side later. 7ec81676f3aaf4a2796985a9a33fa253.jpgf057ac10389a713f1047bcfd17ec973b.jpg

Got it last Tuesday. 120ef9cf1a35dd85cdbc7b297203713a.jpg

Shot about 400 rounds out of it total now, and the only problem was one case hit the scope mount and got stuck, and that only happened with one of the new STI mags that it came with. When I got my Matchmaster a while back it would run fine with the MBX mags, but as soon as I put one of the STI mags in the gun it would have the failure to extract issue. I guess they need to be tuned. I also noticed a keyhole pattern on the primers, and it looks like the firing pin is protruding out of the breach face a little bit. So I had a extra brand new STI titanium firing pin that I keep in my emergency kit. I looked at them side by side, and the look totally different. I put the extra one I had in the gun and it did not like it at all!! Would not set off some primers, and also slide would not go into battery sometimes put the one that come with the gun back in and shot another 120 rounds and not one problem ran like a champ. I don't know if they are using a new type or not? I am going to call them Monday and ask. I will post pics of them side by side later. 7ec81676f3aaf4a2796985a9a33fa253.jpgf057ac10389a713f1047bcfd17ec973b.jpg

Thats the problem with an upright mount if you're using 9mm. It always hit the scope and it goes back to the ejection port and jams. Change your mount to a 90 deg side mount, that will solve the jams

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats the problem with an upright mount if you're using 9mm. It always hit the scope and it goes back to the ejection port and jams. Change your mount to a 90 deg side mount, that will solve the jams

It only happened one time with a new STI mag. The other 400 something shot fine with the MBX.

My main question and concern is with the firing pin?

Getting my DVC Ltd to fit the IPSC Box:

I shoot IPSC Standard division, which requires the pistol to fit the IPSC box.

I am using STI 126mm Mag tubes, Grams Springs & Followers with SVI +2 IPSC Base pads.

The pistol, with a msg inserted doesn't fit the IPSC Box by about 1mm. A bit much to think about taking material off the base pads to make the pistol fit.

I think my best bet is to replace my rear sight with something low profile.

But before I do anything, I thought I'd see what other DVC Ltd owners have done.

Shot a match last night and won [emoji48]
The gun ran great. Now I need to do try some different loads and get some data and try the 170 to 175pf.
I am looking forward to the 175 that some has said its the way to go!
Here is a quick video at 171pf
https://vimeo.com/180682916

5 hours ago, BeerBaron said:

just making sure, but have you tried winding the rear sight all the way down? that is allowable to fit it into the box. I'm sure you've tried that, but just checking. sometimes it can be the difference between fitting or not...

Yep, I have depressed the rear site - still doesn't fit... just.

6 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I would try a different base pad like the Dawson or Double Tap ones. Thanks, Eric

I've come to the same conclusion. Just ordered a single Dawson Precision and a single Double Alpha base pad to see how they go.

Or he can try to tune the ejector to lower the ejection path.