Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting on my dvc. Sure hope it runs Speer lawman 180 grain factory loads. Really don't want to reload, seeing that my ammo is free.

Just grabbed some Duty ammo to check OAL....

1.124 to 1.130 - Fed, Winchester, Remington. ;) Didn't have any Speer...

I put about 150 rounds of 165gr WWB thru the DVC yesterday with the 14lb spring. I didn't think to measure the OAL. Had some hiccups early on but by the end of it, it was running good. Dropped the 12lb spring back in for the last mag of the day and it ran much better. Amazing what a little break in can do :cheers:

Edited by TheSandMan491

so i picked up a STI DVC limited in 9mm for 3 gun and I had a question for you guys that have one. This is my first 2011, so I'm not sure even sure if this is an issue or not.

When I have a relaxed grip on the pistol, the mag drops free (I have 3 stock STI mags - they all drop free).

But when I am gripping harder on the grip while I am shooting and I go to drop the mag it hangs up. If I relax my grip, it drops free.

Should I: 1) train myself to relax my grip during reloads, 2) look inside of the grip where it is hanging up and shaved some plastic off? 3) throw heavier baspads on their and maybe it will drop free? 4) Other

I've put 700 rounds through it so far, and it has run great. I think I am going to add the dawson posi-lock mag release because I over-inserted a mag once or twice while shooting it this past weekend.

When you say gripping harder, do you mean massive bear grip? I have a friend with giant hands that can grip the pistol firm enough to hold the mag after the release has been pushed. He had to learn a slightly less firm medium bear grip instead of big bear grip he was using as he was squeezing the mag

I'd say to just try and not grip the gun so tightly.

When I first heard of people having that issue with the grips I tried it out and I was able to intentionally induce the problem if I tried to make it happen, but had never had it happen prior to that nor have I had it occur while just shooting the gun.

FWIW, my other gun that has stippling but very minimal reduction will do the same thing . I don't have a completely stock grip to compare against at the moment.

When you say gripping harder, do you mean massive bear grip? I have a friend with giant hands that can grip the pistol firm enough to hold the mag after the release has been pushed. He had to learn a slightly less firm medium bear grip instead of big bear grip he was using as he was squeezing the mag

not really a bear grip, I slightly break tension from the grip already just to hit the mag release. But I still have a firm grasp at the front of the grip if that makes sense.

I have 3 friends all shooting my load which I got from another friend. All guns run great. Ibejiheads 180FP @ 1.160 with 4.3 titegroup. Chrono came in at 170pf

My edge just ran 1.130 ammo that was loaded for a Glock 35 last week when I lent it to a friend to feed him the 2011 fever. No issues. Same heads and similar load data

Still waiting on my DVC open in 9 major... Got my steel master last month. I shoot 2 guns with extreme shooters grips. Same as dvc... No issues to report.

0C311D92-0B26-4DDB-8141-990312110AA4.jpg

Edited by FullMetalJacket

I'd say to just try and not grip the gun so tightly.

When I first heard of people having that issue with the grips I tried it out and I was able to intentionally induce the problem if I tried to make it happen, but had never had it happen prior to that nor have I had it occur while just shooting the gun.

FWIW, my other gun that has stippling but very minimal reduction will do the same thing . I don't have a completely stock grip to compare against at the moment.

Truth I can get all my guns to hold mags with tight grips tho when I reload Gun stays high bring it in slightly 20 degree cant while mag release is pressed dropped reinsert mag,process automatically lightens the grip, Learn to shoot the gun.sometimes you dont want to drop mag but retain mag durring reload, imop

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Had a local shooter says the same thing. Turned out it was the mag release holding the mag. duplicate the condition again and see if you are still pressing in on the mag release button, if so release pressure on

the mag release and see if the mag fall.

Had a local shooter says the same thing. Turned out it was the mag release holding the mag. duplicate the condition again and see if you are still pressing in on the mag release button, if so release pressure on

the mag release and see if the mag fall.

I didn't think about letting go of the mag release to have the mag drop - I think I was just focused on that mag dropping free before I stuffed another mag in there. That is something I'll have to try tonight. Thanks.

I have 3 friends all shooting my load which I got from another friend. All guns run great. Ibejiheads 180FP @ 1.160 with 4.3 titegroup. Chrono came in at 170pf

My edge just ran 1.130 ammo that was loaded for a Glock 35 last week when I lent it to a friend to feed him the 2011 fever. No issues. Same heads and similar load data

Still waiting on my DVC open in 9 major... Got my steel master last month. I shoot 2 guns with extreme shooters grips. Same as dvc... No issues to report.

0C311D92-0B26-4DDB-8141-990312110AA4.jpg

Ei Jeff, what kind of hammer is that in your awesome open pistol?

Edited by bokbok_05

Got to handle a friends DVC Ltd 9mm yesterday as mine is still being delivered. First impression disappointing as the gun was turned about 60 degree and partially pulled back the slide for a safety check and the slide stop dropped to the floor! Obviously a VERY loose fit. Hopefully the rest of the parts are a better fit.

From there I was generally impressed - it seemed much lighter than my Trojan, sights impressive and my layman impression of the slide fit was nice and tight ( the gun has about 300 rounds thru it ).

The safety was to small for me so I will need to replace . Otherwise cant wait to get mine.