Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

Yeah, mine came with 140's. I would definitely be checking with whoever you got it from and if no luck there, I would call STI and check with them. Hopefully an honest mistake & no one "switched" them out.

The pistol came in a sealed bag with a 120mm mag in the well. Did yours came sealed? Hard to tamper and switch out mag right?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, mine came with 140's. I would definitely be checking with whoever you got it from and if no luck there, I would call STI and check with them. Hopefully an honest mistake & no one "switched" them out.

The pistol came in a sealed bag with a 120mm mag in the well. Did yours came sealed? Hard to tamper and switch out mag right?

Yeah, if that's the case it doesn't sound like it was tampered with. I would call STI and talk to them about it. Hopefully they will trade out the mags for 140's for you.

Got my limited 40 today at my local range/gun store. They have a 40 and a 9 in stock. STI must have cranked up the assembly lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

so i found a couple from a dealer so i have both a 9mm and the 40.. I should receive them tomorrow. I am a little worried about the mags though. The 40 does appear to have the 140 but the 9mm looks like is has the 126's which will be a disappointment for sure. They were advertised as having 140's on both guns. I guess we will see tomorrow.

IMG_2658_zpsmkp4ocvc.jpg

IMG_1927_zps4yvcllmf.jpg

IMG_9641_zpsnte8tgkv.jpg

Edited by 93notch

Got my ltd 40 on saturday, ran 50 factory loads, 50 major power factor reloads and 50 minor power factor reloads. All ran flawlessly. Im very impressed with it. I do need an extended mag release tho and the trigger is heavier than advertised (3.2 lbs). Still happy.

Got my ltd 40 on saturday, ran 50 factory loads, 50 major power factor reloads and 50 minor power factor reloads. All ran flawlessly. Im very impressed with it. I do need an extended mag release tho and the trigger is heavier than advertised (3.2 lbs). Still happy.

Saw a 40 limited at local shop PDHSC just sitting on the shelf. Streets are littered with limited DVC's. Waiting for the unicorn Open. I blame the STI late delivery for keeping me from the focus I need to make GM. :devil:

I'm figuring they decided to do a good run of limiteds before doing the opens so the opens will come soon. Still looking forward to it - not even thinking about canceling.

40 DVC I got from KAP arrived sealed in bag. 2 140 mm clips. Trigger was 3lbs 5-7 ozs basic 3 1/2 lb trigger

Feeding problems with factory ammo

My .40 DVC didn't like factory stuff either. I ran some Blaser Brass and Perfecta stuff through mine initially. It fired and functioned well except for an occasional FTF. Mine seemed to occur when I would insert a fresh mag and rack the slide to load the chamber. The round wouldn't always feed into the chamber without getting hung up. I'm pretty sure it is due to the short OAL of the factory stuff(~1.12). I found if I slid the top round in the mag a little further forward towards the front of the mag it would feed into the chamber with no issues. For some reason it never seemed to happen after the first round, the rest of the mag would feed and fire without issue. I got some of my own ammo loaded up with an OAL of 1.18 as recommended by David Cupp at STI, so hopefully it will cure the FTF issues. Otherwise, the gun is awesome and everything I hoped it would be.

I picked up my DVC Ltd 40 2 weeks ago. Also had some FTF's. With light loads, some stovepipes. Got an 11 lb progressive spring now, no more ejection issues. Shoots a lot flatter with the lighter spring. 180 gr Xtremes at 940fps.

FTF was a combo of 2 things. There was a small dimple in the ramp, and with very slow cycling, it would stop cold. Polished this out, and no more hangs. 2nd issue was seen with it being 1/4" short of battery. Brass was hanging up on the firing pin hole. Did a quick chamfer and polish, and now this is flawless. Both 1.135 OAL and my new setting at 1.175 OAL.

Newest thing I have is a little ledge on the breach, which is marking my brass. Doesn't affect function though, just looks odd on my reloads.

Hello: I saw one of the open guns yesterday at our local match. It looked pretty nice. Thanks, Eric

in the hands of a regular customer, or a STI shooting team/sponsored shooter?

Hello: It was Kaci's gun and she shoots it well. Thanks, Eric

FTF was a combo of 2 things. There was a small dimple in the ramp, and with very slow cycling, it would stop cold. Polished this out, and no more hangs. 2nd issue was seen with it being 1/4" short of battery. Brass was hanging up on the firing pin hole. Did a quick chamfer and polish, and now this is flawless. Both 1.135 OAL and my new setting at 1.175 OAL.

Newest thing I have is a little ledge on the breach, which is marking my brass. Doesn't affect function though, just looks odd on my reloads.

$2700 for a factory new gun and you had to do all of that? Is that normal for a 2011?

This is my first 2011. Been shooting M&P's for the last 2 years. Had to play with them a lot more to get them where they needed to be. This is just "tuning" to me, but the ledge is a bit disappointing. Can't do anything about that. Have not been able to reach STI yet.