Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

ZMEGO - It is more funny that you stay in touch with what is going on, but you don't actually want to know what is going on.

What about this idea. PRODUCE THE GUN!!!!!! I know, I know, its a hard concept. One day you will understand. :roflol:

I think we've identified the flaw in STIs go to market strategy. They don't have someone standing over their production staffs shoulder saying "Hey, produce the gun, how hard is it?!"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I got to play with a .38super at the Mississippi Classic. Trigger was nice gun looked good with a smooth fit frame to slide. Really nice gun not to be a full on custom costing $5,500 to $6,500 plus....

Thanks for the info. :)

Did you get to shoot it or see it shoot? I'm curious to hear how it behaved. The comp looks like a fairly radical departure from the old trubor t2.

while that might explain why the add'l 2700 orders won't be shipped for some time, doesn't really explain why it seems only one or two or three dozen DVC's have shipped. I love sti and as we all noted earlier don't want the DVC's rushed out the door without proper qc, but seriously they should have and be able to share some sort of production/shipping schedule at this point.

But if they figured only 300 all year and based production on that, it would explain the wait times.

I have been patiently waiting since Jan. 30th for the call that came today. My limited 40 is at Dawsons and will be shipping out Tuesday. They do exist and are being shipped. I am more than a little excited. Before anyone asks, I will post a review as soon as I get some trigger time on it.

Edited by narcop

Wow, I don’t understand the crying on the DVC:

· They expected to sell 300 per year

· Launched at SHOT 2015 most likely with final prototypes on display

· Received orders for 3000 units ( 10 years worth of planed production)

· Shifted production capacity around to clear the 3000 ordered by the end of 2015

I think they are doing the best they can to meet an unexpected demand, without totally shutting down production on all their other models. I certainly want my 2011 HexTac from SHOT show this year also and would be upset if production on that stopped do to DVC demand.

OUT.

2011BLDR

does anyone actually know of a DVC open (super or 9) in the wild? as in actually in the hands of a regular customer who ordered and purchased it through normal channels?

I was all set to put down money for a DVC open but my problem is I'm not even in the US. It's now nearly June and as best I can tell from talking to shooters in the US no one has seen a DVC open in the wild. That doesn't bode well for export sales.

2tap, out of interest after relinquishing your DVC open spot which model/brand open gun did you chose instead?

BB. I bailed on the DVC Open and got a CK Arms BlackOut. All made with solid steel cnc parts. No cast parts. Wilson hammer, Ed Brown safety, Aftec extractor... 3 pop holes. Actually, really happy I made the switch. No hard feelings to STI they have production issues on the Open guns they don't want to discuss... That is fine. Love Dawson and will order all my stuff from them when they have what I want but got this gun from Shooters Connection. They were great also.

I have been patiently waiting since Jan. 30th for the call that came today. My limited 40 is at Dawsons and will be shipping out Tuesday. They do exist and are being shipped. I am more than a little excited. Before anyone asks, I will post a review as soon as I get some trigger time on it.

When you get it check the grip screws. The 2 main screws on mine and another guys DVC were loose and we both lost the small front screw before we noticed. Also on mine the overtravel screw was turned in too far causing reset problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you get it check the grip screws. The 2 main screws on mine and another guys DVC were loose and we both lost the small front screw before we noticed. Also on mine the overtravel screw was turned in too far causing reset problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I will do that.

I purchased mine on 1/22 from Abel's Ammo. Yesterday I cancelled. With all the great limited guns on the forum I couldn't continue to wait. Good luck to those waiting.

Edited by jnr88

Name names.

As much I would like to I won't do that and I understand they are in a predicament here but really they only thought they would sell 300 this year for each gun?? But when a sales person with the company flat out lies to u and I caught him for a fact not good if u ask me for STI. I would definitely cancel my order but being I ordered from Brazos and the 400 up front they won't refund which is rediculous but I also somewhat understand at the same time.. I'M PISSED!!

I remember reading that STI had stated they expected to manufacture (sell) only 300 DVCs of each model per year but I also seem to remember reading that in view of how well the product orders have been going that they (STI) stopped some production lines in order to accommodate the DVC line. Does anyone know if this is, in fact, accurate? And if it is, how has their production plans changed?

Edited by JMike

Name names.

As much I would like to I won't do that and I understand they are in a predicament here but really they only thought they would sell 300 this year for each gun?? But when a sales person with the company flat out lies to u and I caught him for a fact not good if u ask me for STI. I would definitely cancel my order but being I ordered from Brazos and the 400 up front they won't refund which is rediculous but I also somewhat understand at the same time.. I'M PISSED!!

I can understand not naming names, but I am curious what you caught the salesperson lying about.

Did you call Brazos and ask to cancel / refund? They were gracious enough to refund my deposit.

"I would definitely cancel my order but being I ordered from Brazos and the 400 up front they won't refund which is rediculous but I also somewhat understand at the same time.. I'M PISSED!!"

PETERTHEFISH,

The 2lb Trigger was the selling point, not the "garish gold " barrel. I want a Trigger that is factory set from the manufacturer/distributor. (cough Liability cough).

A barrel coated with a material to increase durability is a selling point to me - regardless of the color. Although being from NJ, calling gold garish is a little kettle black no?

And liability for what? Shooting the guy picking up brass down range after the COF has started [emoji23]?

I guess it's no surprise the word "attorney" has now appeared in this thread. The context in which it was used may not affect STI directly, but it will certainly add to the bad blood that no doubt exists between themselves and their retailers. I'm sure Brazos, Dawson, and everybody else are getting sick of calls asking "when". Those dealers probably aren't getting good answers from STI either.

STI has a great reputation for customer service. That reputation will not survive unless they accept responsibility for whatever is going on and start communicating with their loyal customers. I also think they should bite a bullet here and do something for those who have been waiting for a long time. How about throwing in a free magazine when the guns are finally shipped? It would cost them some money in the short term, but it would definitely lower the blood pressure of some growingly impatient shooters and build long-term trust!

Well, it kind of does. If they expected to sell 300 in a year that's what 25/month right? Do you know how many they have shipped???

Don't bring that kind of logic in here. I expect updates 3x / week, including;

- How many total of each configuration / caliber have been produced total.

- How many total of each configuration / caliber have been produced since the prior update.

- Details on how many have been ordered by each distributor / retailer and where STI is in filling those orders, as well as letting us know which distributors have priority on guns in production.

- A detailed explanation on the reason for, and status of any production delays.

- Also, Dustin if you can do that thing with your finger? I know you say you don't like it but it makes the wait tolerable.

I agree with Biggen, and so will repost my modest proposal that STI improve the frequency and nature of their communication.