Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

FYI: picked up a DVC limited 40 yesterday and just shot the first match today. Bunch of failure to feeds with Atlanta Arms .40 (short) reman ammo. Mooched some long loaded .40 ammo from some buddies and then it ran fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI: picked up a DVC limited 40 yesterday and just shot the first match today. Bunch of failure to feeds with Atlanta Arms .40 (short) reman ammo. Mooched some long loaded .40 ammo from some buddies and then it ran fine

I had to switch grains from 115g to 147 grain. My pistol ran fine when I switched. I mainly had FTE stove pipe issues.

Hey guys. I know there are open guns being hard chromed now. There is usually a 2-3 week turn around. Im not sure when they went out. I will try to get more info today.

For those of you who are having issues with the lighter loads these guns are fit and then hard chromed. They will be a little tight at first. After a few hundred rounds they should start to eat the lighter stuff up no problem. If you for some reason are still having an issue contact us and we will do whatever we can to help. My fist hard chromed STI was a steelmaster and I ran 600 rounds through it before it was 100% It was frustrating but worth it in the end.

as always Dustin, thanks for your updates! So at this point, what's a reasonable expectation for the next (or I guess first) batch of Open guns being shipped - 1 month, 2 months? I think putting that out there will get rid of most of the daily requests for updates. thanks again, can't wait for mine.

as always Dustin, thanks for your updates! So at this point, what's a reasonable expectation for the next (or I guess first) batch of Open guns being shipped - 1 month, 2 months? I think putting that out there will get rid of most of the daily requests for updates. thanks again, can't wait for mine.

I would think we would still see a few more go out before that. I know one of the gun smiths has 4 at his bench as wee speak.They should go out within the next week or so.

Hi Dustin,

Do you know what are the weights of the recoil and main spring on the limited 40? They feel very heavy. Everyone that have handled the

gun also remarked how heavy it's sprung.

Thanks

Hi Dustin,

Do you know what are the weights of the recoil and main spring on the limited 40? They feel very heavy. Everyone that have handled the

gun also remarked how heavy it's sprung.

Thanks

It comes stock with a 14lb recoil spring.

Ran about 400 rounds through my Limited 9mm today, 115 and 124 from Freedom Munitions. I had not one single malfunction. This gun is so flat and soft it is like cheating, the trigger is light and short, I just wish it had a little "crisper" break. All in all, I am extremely happy with my first 2011!

The first 350 rounds through my .40 limited yeasterday. Similar issues that others are having in that I had several FTFs throughout the session. However, like Dustin said, They were significantly better towards the end of the session. I went from having 4-5 per magazine at the beginning of the day to one or two complete magazines fired between FTFs. Looking forward to getting some more work with her this weekend and trying to clear out the rest of the break-in bugs.

Dustin, If I have any more issues, I'll give you guys a call but I'm sure that it won't end up being an issue.

Funny story; I was on a wait-list for a DVC Limited 40 and was told that it might be up to a year before I received it. Apparently, I was so far down the list that the representative wasn't even sure how many people were in front of me. Because I need a back-up gun for this year's shooting season, I decided that I was going to buy another Edge and modify it. Out of the clear blue sky, I received a text from a friend telling me that I would never guess what he received at his store/range. Sure enough, they received a DVC 40. I bought it yesterday and I am now a proud owner...

Funny story; I was on a wait-list for a DVC Limited 40 and was told that it might be up to a year before I received it. Apparently, I was so far down the list that the representative wasn't even sure how many people were in front of me. Because I need a back-up gun for this year's shooting season, I decided that I was going to buy another Edge and modify it. Out of the clear blue sky, I received a text from a friend telling me that I would never guess what he received at his store/range. Sure enough, they received a DVC 40. I bought it yesterday and I am now a proud owner...

Congratulations, ordered my open and no ETA. Waiting game for me started.

There has to be a crack I am not seeing? What I am seeing is the horizontal line in the picture starting at the grip safety and going down towards the magwell. That is not a crack, it's the poly main spring housing, it is a separate part of the grip.

And you are correct, this is my first 2011 and I over reacted

Did you check your slide? Mine has a horizontal crack on each side under the lettering :goof:. Sorry, I couldn't resist; I am glad it is not broken.