Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dustin, I am hearing these may be shipping in the next two weeks, any truth to that?

I've just been told mine could be here end of may thats the first shipment into australia :goof:

Hope mine i a little sooner than that, STI is about 3 hours away from me.

Well, I went ahead and put my deposit down with Brazos for one of the Limited .40S&W versions. I didn't realize they offered the super tuned mags at a discount when purchasing a factory pistol (I though that was when ordering custom builds only) so that was a plus there. I'll be getting two of those. The two factory mags that come with it I'll probably just see what capacity I can gain just by replacing the guts and pads.

Excited to see how it runs (though the first shipment has apparently already sold-through so anyone ordering now will be waiting a bit longer).

Edited by MGMorden

I plunked my deposit 3 weeks ago on a new DVC Open 9mm... from Brazos.. with STI's reputation & warranty I think the new DVC will be a winner..... my other 3 - STI's runs great with no problems .. can't wait to take a new DVC to the range...

The 2014 catalog download never made it to the site. You can still download a 2013 catalog if you want it though.

The new website will be up and running hopefully by the end of the week. You can call 512 492 6999 and request to have a 2015 catalog sent to you.

Thanks!

Dustin

Website and DVC Open and Limited ounces or weight.

The STI Website does not have the two DVC's listed.

What is the weight of each new DVC?

The 2014 catalog download never made it to the site. You can still download a 2013 catalog if you want it though.

The new website will be up and running hopefully by the end of the week. You can call 512 492 6999 and request to have a 2015 catalog sent to you.

Thanks!

Dustin

Website and DVC Open and Limited ounces or weight.

The STI Website does not have the two DVC's listed.

What is the weight of each new DVC?

I had a chance to handle one at the Brazos tent during the Florida Open. Weight and balance felt similar to other 5" guns with lightened slides. My guess is somewhere around 35-37 oz

Edited by Stician

I'm new to double stack 1911s. Can anyone tell me if the .38 Super DVC Open is setup for rimless Super Comp or TJ brass? I'd like to order a the new Open gun and was wondering if I needed to order some new brass since all I have is the standard semi-rimmed. Thanks!

You guys are talking me in to it. I should have never clicked on this thread,lol...

You along with many of us.

1+ I like the look of open guns. Have been looking at the trubors for a while thinking about USPSA and steel shooting. Dang now I'm wanting the DVC open gun. And worse than that I'm wishing for a DVC in black. Lol

Does anyone know if the limited gun comes with the Dawson posi lock mag release? and if so, is it the drilled and tapped version?

Doesn't look like a Dawson PosiLock in the pictures, looks like it has "STI" on it

Does anyone know if the limited gun comes with the Dawson posi lock mag release? and if so, is it the drilled and tapped version?

Doesn't look like a Dawson PosiLock in the pictures, looks like it has "STI" on it

Thanks. Guess I'll have to add one of those to my order.

i have looked at a few STI guns and they sure look like the STI marked one are posi lock from the factory. Seiing how close they are to Dawson, i would not be surprised if they are made by them.