Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chic (Hwansik) Kim

hwansikcjswo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/13/2017 at 5:24 PM, SlvrDragon50 said:

Yea, it's seriously inspiring to see how rapidly you're progressing in a short time. I imagine not long until we see you competing against Max Michel and the like :D

Post Optics Nats this is an amazing post...great match for the internet trolls to follow.  :D

"I wish there was A+ scoring, so my parents will tell me that I did "OK"

- The Thumbless Korean

You rock.  Now I'll start practicing so I can be like you!

49 minutes ago, IronicTwitch said:

Post Optics Nats this is an amazing post...great match for the internet trolls to follow.  :D

"I wish there was A+ scoring, so my parents will tell me that I did "OK"

- The Thumbless Korean

You rock.  Now I'll start practicing so I can be like you!

Haha, were the scores close? I have not seen yet. 

It's seriously insane how quickly OP is progressing. 

8 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Haha, were the scores close? I have not seen yet. 

It's seriously insane how quickly OP is progressing. 

It's even more amazing that during Hwansik's meteoric rise, he was going to school full time and he got married. I feel fortunate to have witnessed the progression from the beginning. To answer your first question, he finished less than a percentage point behind Max Michel, and I bet he's beating himself up thinking about how close it was. True competitors hate second place, anyone who competes at the top of his chosen sport has this mindset. It's what sets the really good competitors apart from the rest of us.

Just now, Bkreutz said:

It's even more amazing that during Hwansik's meteoric rise, he was going to school full time and he got married. I feel fortunate to have witnessed the progression from the beginning. To answer your first question, he finished less than a percentage point behind Max Michel, and I bet he's beating himself up thinking about how close it was. True competitors hate second place, anyone who competes at the top of his chosen sport has this mindset. It's what sets the really good competitors apart from the rest of us.

Wow, that's awesome! I read on Max Michel's instagram that it was close, but didn't know it was that close! I'm sure he knows who Hwansik is now :P

10 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Wow, that's awesome! I read on Max Michel's instagram that it was close, but didn't know it was that close! I'm sure he knows who Hwansik is now :P

IMG_1983.thumb.JPG.8c638b619b6459cb5d7789a35b73584d.JPG

Max Michel was not as accurate as our Korean friend, but was 45 seconds faster. I think I know what @hwansikcjswo is going to be spending his practice time improving after this match...

I look forward to seeing you hauling butt like Max Leograndis in 2018!

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Congratulations Hwansik! Loved the video on YouTube of the clean run on stage 20 with all the long shots.

All Alphas including on partially covered targets at 30+ yards. Just ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

When I drank all the magic potions at Area 1, I have discovered that I draw faster with very good grip when I draw an imaginary line from my hand to the gun in my head. That visualizes the path of travel for my hand. Before I was just to hit the tail of the gun with the web of my hand but now I am visualizing the exact path of the web of my hand to hit the perfect spot on to the gun. It somehow relaxed my hand more and resulted in a little bit faster but more consistent grip when drawn.

All I do now is draw the line in my head, then follow the line FAST.

Edited by hwansikcjswo

These things are what I am going to be working on hard for the next month.

1. Drawing the gun with the new imaginary line method.

2. Transition speed. Somehow I was slower in transition when shooting an iron sight than a dot.

3. Shooting on the move with cleats. 

This shooting form, or stance, I am working on helps a lot to transition fast and better recoil management.

The form engages my core which stabilizes my body and the sight to be more predictable. It also keeps my body squared to the target.

I like this form a lot.

Edited by hwansikcjswo

4 hours ago, gixxerjunky said:

I might have missed it but what is your YouTube channel?

Thank you for the HARD work your doing and documenting everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Youtube account name is ThumblessKorean

:) Thank you so much.

great match at nats. truly top level performance well deserving of your 2nd place (even deserving of a win). NO DELTAS!!! just 2 mikes to max's 10 and just 1 NS (was it on one of the mike targets? M/NS?).

Yes you gave up some time but in the end your accuracy is what got you there. 

Now you just need to find the right balance... after all this sport is really very simple. it's a POINTS PER SECOND game. in this case max simply had a few more points per second but it was so very, very close.

Looks at those names behind you. Coley, Koenig, Jonasson... 

Now you know for sure.... you CAN get that #1 spot. :)

1 minute ago, BeerBaron said:

great match at nats. truly top level performance well deserving of your 2nd place (even deserving of a win). NO DELTAS!!! just 2 mikes to max's 10 and just 1 NS (was it on one of the mike targets? M/NS?).

Yes you gave up some time but in the end your accuracy is what got you there. 

Now you just need to find the right balance... after all this sport is really very simple. it's a POINTS PER SECOND game. in this case max simply had a few more points per second but it was so very, very close.

Looks at those names behind you. Coley, Koenig, Jonasson... 

Now you know for sure.... you CAN get that #1 spot. :)

Thank you

NS was on a clam shell target. I shot as soon as i saw it opening and the bullet barely broke the noshoot perf..

On 4/9/2017 at 10:34 PM, hwansikcjswo said:

This shooting form, or stance, I am working on helps a lot to transition fast and better recoil management.

The form engages my core which stabilizes my body and the sight to be more predictable. It also keeps my body squared to the target.

I like this form a lot.

Care to share any details here?

On 4/12/2017 at 5:12 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Care to share any details here?

Well. It's what a lot of shooters doing already.

It's like a boxing stance. Some say nose in front of your toes or aggressive forward stance etc.

Of course there is more than that. But that is something I would like to keep it for myself for now. I am still experimenting with the form. I will share to people when I really know what I am doing.

2 minutes ago, hwansikcjswo said:

Well. It's what a lot of shooters doing already.

It's like a boxing stance. Some say nose in front of your toes or aggressive forward stance etc.

Of course there is more than that. But that is something I would like to keep it for myself for now. I am still experimenting with the form. I will share to people when I really know what I am doing.

Of course.

I showed some of your video to a friend who is a basketball coach since I know you're working on faster movement. I can forward his observations privately - if you care. You might not want the distractions, or opinion. ;) 

21 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Of course.

I showed some of your video to a friend who is a basketball coach since I know you're working on faster movement. I can forward his observations privately - if you care. You might not want the distractions, or opinion. ;) 

Yes! I would love to hear it!

Hwan,

Great shooting!  It's fun following your progress!!

I'm sure this has been brought up before; what holster/mag pouch combo are you running with the Q5?  I just purchased one.

What's next for you?

Edited by WxGuy
name