Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New P320 Pase Bad and Grip Tape Options

alma

Excellent!

I think Stoeger Pro Shop is coming out with basepads, too, for the P320.

I have seen some prototypes of that. They look nice as well. One more shop is also working on some that match the profile of the P320 grip so there's will be no shortages of options soon.

Interesting. I wouldn't mind plastic basepad extensions. It'd be a little cheaper and I feel bad when the aluminum ones get all scuffed up!

I know what you mean. I am considering getting them in a natural finish color to hide the scuffs.

I was thinking you could take a second stock plastic base pad, turn it up down, epoxy it to another one, and remove the excess material.

• 3 weeks later...

Do they add any significant weight towards the Production 2oz allowance?

About an ounce. The .375 are just enough to stay IDPA legal (adds owe ounce or less total weight)

The large GGI fat stainless guide that accepts 1911 recoil springs only adds a half ounce. The official Production weight from USPSA is already a half an ounce heavier than my stock gun so the guide rod and basepads still leave me with an ounce to add weight somewhere else if needed.

• 1 year later...
About an ounce. The .375 are just enough to stay IDPA legal (adds owe ounce or less total weight)

The large GGI fat stainless guide that accepts 1911 recoil springs only adds a half ounce. The official Production weight from USPSA is already a half an ounce heavier than my stock gun so the guide rod and basepads still leave me with an ounce to add weight somewhere else if needed.

Do the .375 fit an ssp box?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2015 at 5:56 PM, kingmedicine said:

I want 140mm bases... I'm completely on the fence on adding those 25s or waiting till +2s come out... Ugh.

for 140mm I would recommend you check out the below link. While I LOVE Springer and every part they offer for the P320 is on mine, I don't like that I had to modify the magazines to install the 140mm base pads. Had I known about these before I purchased all mine from springer I would have picked up a few of these to test out. I will say that Springer products are quality and their customer service is amazing!

http://taylorfreelance.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=185

FB_IMG_1488740095002_thumb_jpg_d5ffc4185e167ccf3d98941ad5c35172.jpg

• 5 months later...

Bought 17 rd mags and Springer Precision .375 base pads for my X5. I also bought the SP competition floor plates to hold the base pads on. Interestingly enough they don't work together. You can't push the floorplate down far enough to install the base pad. 

On 9/17/2017 at 9:40 PM, Jeff O said:

Bought 17 rd mags and Springer Precision .375 base pads for my X5. I also bought the SP competition floor plates to hold the base pads on. Interestingly enough they don't work together. You can't push the floorplate down far enough to install the base pad. 

They should work. I have run that setup in Production. Check with Springer if it's not working for you.