Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Level I Match-Multiple Mandatory Reloads

d_striker

Rule 1.2.2.3 states that no more than one mandatory reload is allowed during the course of fire.

What's the rationale behind this rule? Even Open shooters with big sticks have more than one mag pouch.

Is it a big deal if I create an 18 round stage with two mandatory reloads at a Level I match? All shooting is from a box. Technically an illegal stage, but a big deal?

You need to look at the available course of fire types and then see which one of them your stage design or skill test fits into. The only stage type that you can leverage that allows you to force shooters to perform more than one mandatory reload during a single timed run would be a Standard Exercise type of stage. But a Standard Exercise type of stage requires 2 or more strings of fire.

Adhering to the rules is a requirement of all level matches, even Level 1 matches. There are only a few rules that can be circumvented leveraging a Level 1 exemption and all of those are clearly defined in the rule book.

USPSA matches need to adhere to USPSA rules.

You need to look at the available course of fire types and then see which one of them your stage design or skill test fits into. The only stage type that you can leverage that allows you to force shooters to perform more than one mandatory reload during a single timed run would be a Standard Exercise type of stage. But a Standard Exercise type of stage requires 2 or more strings of fire.

Adhering to the rules is a requirement of all level matches, even Level 1 matches. There are only a few rules that can be circumvented leveraging a Level 1 exemption and all of those are clearly defined in the rule book.

USPSA matches need to adhere to USPSA rules.

Thanks.