Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran Tactical Innovations West Coast Rifle Series Monthly Match-SoCal

10887184_1537229196535456_28286890537102

The Taran Tactical Innovations West Coast Rifle Series is a new monthly All Rifle match that is coming to the X3 Multigun Range (www.x3multigun.com) in Piru, CA (just a short drive away from LA and Ventura) starting this February. This match will feature six stages of rifle fun combining speed and accuracy with targets that range from CQB inside of 35 yards to longer range targets from 100-400 yards.

All you need is you, your rifle, enough magazines for 40-60 rounds per stage, and around 250-300 rounds of ammunition. Signups start at 8am and shooting starts at 9am sharp! If you want to squad with your friends, you had better get there early. Match fees for the event will be $30 for DWB and X3 members and $40 for non-members.

Classes:

Heavy Metal

CA 10-Round

Tactical Irons (No Magnification - RDS allowed)

Tactical Optics (Tactical Scope - 1 magnified optic allowed + secondary iron sights)

Open (Multiple electronic optics allowed)

Rules are based off of the USPSA Multigun Rules (http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-rules.php)

Scoring is basic Time-Plus. All IPSC paper targets require one "A" hit or two hits anywhere else to neutralize. All steel targets must be hit to be neutralized. The rifle spinner must spin 360-degrees to be neutralized. Penalties are assessed for a single "C" or "D" zone hit (+5s), no-shoot hits (+5s), failure to neutralize (+10s), failure to engage (+15s), and failure to complete an obstacle like a rifle spinner (+60) - although this last one won't be in every match.

For more information, follow us on Facebook @TTIWESTCOASTRIFLESERIES https://www.facebook.com/TTIWESTCOASTRIFLESERIES

WIN THIS RIFLE!!!!!!!!!

1507096_1537248319866877_639670244346200

We will be giving away this beautiful Taran Tactical Innovations TR-1 rifle at the end of the year and more details will follow on how you can win.

Need ammo? We have reloaded ammunition for sale at every match at very reasonable prices. Contact Sam Houston at 714-329-6484 or samhouston@deadwoodboys.org for more info. Pricing is available here: http://x3multigun.com/images/siteassets/AmmunitionPricing201407.pdf Due to strong demand, all ammo orders must be placed prior to the match.

Make sure to bring your own food and drinks to the range as there will not be any available on site.

Match Schedule:

Feb 8, 2015

March 8, 2015

April 12, 2015

May 10, 2015

June 14, 2015

July 12, 2015

August 9, 2015

September 13, 2015

October 11, 2015

November 8, 2015

December 13, 2015

Edited by JonTBarrett

I was thinking about driving out from Phoenix one weekend, what are the laws or what do I need to do to make my rifle able to bring to California?

I suggest consulting with an attorney before attempting to enter CA with your rifles and magazines. There is a competition exemption in the Penal Code, but I'm not sure how many LEOs are aware of it:

30665. Sections 30600, 30605, and 30610 shall not apply to the

possession and importation of an assault weapon or a .50 BMG rifle

into this state by a nonresident if all of the following conditions

are met:

(a) The person is attending or going directly to or coming

directly from an organized competitive match or league competition

that involves the use of an assault weapon or a .50 BMG rifle.

(b ) The competition or match is conducted on the premises of one

of the following:

(1) A target range that holds a regulatory or business license for

the purpose of practicing shooting at that target range.

(2) A target range of a public or private club or organization

that is organized for the purpose of practicing shooting at targets.

© The match or competition is sponsored by, conducted under the

auspices of, or approved by, a law enforcement agency or a nationally

or state recognized entity that fosters proficiency in, or promotes

education about, firearms.

(d) The assault weapon or .50 BMG rifle is transported in

accordance with Section 25610 or Article 3 (commencing with Section

25505) of Chapter 2 of Division 5.

(e) The person is 18 years of age or over and is not in a class of

persons prohibited from possessing firearms by virtue of Chapter 2

(commencing with Section 29800) or Chapter 3 (commencing with Section

29900) of Division 9 of this code or Section 8100 or 8103 of the

Welfare and Institutions Code.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=30001-31000&file=30600-30675

Edited by JonTBarrett

That clears it up...LOL

Yeah, unfortunately with California laws these matches are better suited for people that are already trapped here in the state. Though our all-knowing legislature provided a competition exemption to the AW laws, they didn't do so for "large capacity magazines." The only thing you could do is potentially use someone else's that is at the match with you "under their direct supervision."

That clears it up...LOL

Yeah, unfortunately with California laws these matches are better suited for people that are already trapped here in the state. Though our all-knowing legislature provided a competition exemption to the AW laws, they didn't do so for "large capacity magazines." The only thing you could do is potentially use someone else's that is at the match with you "under their direct supervision."

How about if the club were to have some club owned "large capacity magazines" and staged them with the RO's of the stage for the shooters to use?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Took the drive out from Phoenix with a couple of friends this past weekend to shoot the July match. It wasn't a disappointment. 63 shooters 6 stages, very well organized and they gave out some random draw prizes(I won one of them) so that was a nice surprise. Already planned to shoot the October match since I will be in Califorina anyway. Thanks TTI for supporting the shooting sports.....

Took the drive out from Phoenix with a couple of friends this past weekend to shoot the July match. It wasn't a disappointment. 63 shooters 6 stages, very well organized and they gave out some random draw prizes(I won one of them) so that was a nice surprise. Already planned to shoot the October match since I will be in Califorina anyway. Thanks TTI for supporting the shooting sports.....

Thanks for coming out Dave. We're glad you and your friends enjoyed the match so much and we look forward to seeing you all back in October.