Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sniper's Honor-Did I miss something?

TJ1911

You are correct. It was originally Julie. I have been reading this series since it began, and there are several other "errors" that made it past the proofreaders. Or as Mr. Hunter comments in one of his writings, e-mail stephenhunterdoesnotcare.com. I thought that was kind of funny. Good books though, mostly gun accurate with some small errors.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished reading Havana. I seem to recall (but can't confirm because I already took it back to the library) that he has a funny statement in the acknowledgements to the effect that "in the future, when Harvard commissions a complete Stephen Hunter anthology, I will correct all errors, omissions, disagreements in the timelines, etc". IOW -- get over it, because its never going to happen.

Edited by jroback

I have read most of the Stephen Hunter books and do enjoy them immensely, he certainly has gone far with the Bob Lee Swagger character as well as the father Earl. I would think missing the Wives name kind of a big error though!

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This from 'Game of snipers', a later Swagger book (at the end of the book):

" On the other hand, I finally got Bob’s wife’s name correct. It’s Julie, right? I’ve called her Jen more than once, but I’m pretty sure Jen was Bud Pewtie’s wife in Dirty White Boys. For some reason, this mistake seemed to trigger certain Amazon reviewers into psychotic episodes. Folks, calm down, have a drink, hug someone soft. It’ll be all right.

Hunter, Stephen. Game of Snipers (Bob Lee Swagger) (pp. 385-386). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition."