Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max Michel's Steel Challenge Equipment

FF112173

If I remember correctly he is running a Sig frame. His top end is a 5 inch lightened slide with a 5? port cone comp with a Cmore . He is running 38 Supercomp from Atlanta arms at around 135-140PF. Pretty standard SC gun set up. It is incredible to watch him practice and see what he can do pushing it and then he slows down for the match...LOL

DougC

If I remember correctly he is running a Sig frame. His top end is a 5 inch lightened slide with a 5? port cone comp with a Cmore . He is running 38 Supercomp from Atlanta arms at around 135-140PF. Pretty standard SC gun set up. It is incredible to watch him practice and see what he can do pushing it and then he slows down for the match...LOL

DougC

Thanks for the info Doug. I guess this is just one of those custom deals where there is no base firearm to work off of. Didn't hurt to ask I guess?

I don't think he really uses a SIG 1911. I watch the show Hot Shots on the Sportmans channel and they frequently show closeups of his gun. It looks an awful lot like an STI 2011.

Edited by xmen

His USPSA/IPSC gun is an STI. His Steel Challenge gun is a single stack frame, as of last year and since the last SC was in PIRU.....I was there and practiced with him......when I see him in March at the US steel nats I will take a picture. If he changed guns I will update......

DougC

• 2 years later...

I was watching some of the Hot Shots episodes online and am wondering what guide rod and recoil spring setup Max is using in his Open class guns.  It's one of those telescoping arrangements.

I am 99% sure it's an STI frame marked with Sig's logo. Then Dan Bedell does his magic and comes up with one of his beauties. I actually saw one of Max's guns when I visited Dan's shop. 

3 minutes ago, dapribek said:

I am 99% sure it's an STI frame marked with Sig's logo. Then Dan Bedell does his magic and comes up with one of his beauties. I actually saw one of Max's guns when I visited Dan's shop. 

SIG frame