Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 USPSA Multigun Nationals

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for "USPSA Multi-gun Nationals" instead of the regular USPSA Nationals facebook. Also they have a separate web page multigunnationals.com. I should have put the links to register on here, so I apologize for that. USPSA has subcontracted the entire match other than the prize table to Pete at ISCOPE LLC. This is similar to how Single Stack Nationals is run. USPSA loses money on MG every year so they thought they would let someone else have a go at it.

With that USPSA has not granted access to the normal communication channels so separate facebook and websites were set up. I would not expect that the official sites will be updated.

Good news for you, and anyone else who did not know registration opened, is there are still 75 open slots.

Wow, the level of communication coming out of USPSA leaves me speechless!

The lights are on at headquarters, but obliviously nobody is home!

Edited to add;

So USPSA is holding a National Championship and you don't expect them to update the official website?

Why am I not surprised? Disappointed, but not surprised.

Edited by Ming the Merciless

I am not here to dog on USPSA, but just because I don't expect something doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. I see today they shared the new FB page to the one everyone is already familiar with.

If there is one thing I have learned about the shooting sports it is to not expect high levels of communication or organization. This could be because the majority of people putting on the matches have day jobs that take their attention elsewhere. It could be that they don't prioritize it. Maybe they don't even know what is going on until the last minute. Some people like to have contingency plans and others prefer to fly by the seat of their pants. Matches still happen and that is all most people care about.

This will be a good match, with quality USPSA rules, ROs, and stage design.

I'm already registered. Based solely on how awesome Pete is. Complete faith he's gonna put another great match on the ground. Probably should have looked closer, but what range is it at? Desert Sportsman or Pro Gun?

Good point chuck. For those that don't know Pete and his staff have been running USPSA multi gun Nationals for several years. Having USPSA turn it over completely to Pete to do his thing is a BIG stamp of approval. I wish I could attend.

Just to be clear I wasn't knocking Pete or the match staff who built and ran an excellent Multigun match. I was knocking the complete and utter failure of USPSA to take any ownership of their own national championship match. Yes, I understand that it is mostly a volunteer organization, unfortunately most of the incompetence is not from the volunteers that do most of the heavy lifting at the local and national level, but from those that draw a salary paid by those of us they fail to serve!

Just to be clear I wasn't knocking Pete or the match staff who built and ran an excellent Multigun match. I was knocking the complete and utter failure of USPSA to take any ownership of their own national championship match. Yes, I understand that it is mostly a volunteer organization, unfortunately most of the incompetence is not from the volunteers that do most of the heavy lifting at the local and national level, but from those that draw a salary paid by those of us they fail to serve!

$150k only gets you so far.

I'm pretty sure that all the folks that bash 3-G Nation for being uncommunicative now owe them an apology! :)

I am noticing this more and more. Matches are now "announcing" via social media such as face book, Twitter, etc. Instead of the old tried and true 3-gun sites, or even their own web pages. Too much stuff gets lost in the background noise especially if you are not monitoring that group or are too busy posting your videos or telling everyone about the last match! Also, hard as it is for some to believe, some folks don't participate in the social networking craze. This makes for "surprises" like these, and is a rather shoddy way to do business!

I see no problem with out-sourcing the match but I object to the execution of it; All the match information, squadding, sign-up, match hotels, ammo shipment addresses, round count etc should ONLY be on the USPSA web-site.

We should not expect our members to go trawling all over the internet to find this information.

I don't think that USPSA should use social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.) for any official information, we have our own website for this and it should be the one-stop for all USPSA business.

And the registration portion of the site is erroring out.

Another reason to use a single method for registering competitors, USPSA should provide this service and allow the organizers to pull that data into Practiscore or whatever scoring mechanism they want to use. Why should organizers have to develop their own solutions for this ??

Dillon,

Are you still having issues with time outs at clubs.practiscore? Are you going to the embedded registration for or the regular site? I know there were some issues the first day, but I thought those had been solved.

BritinUSA,

I also don't like how the information is scattered around the net. Even having the separate USPSA nationals site seems silly to me. I told Pete that it wasn't a good idea, but we didn't have any other option. I suppose it could have been coordinated given time and proper motivation. We also have a semi regular USPSA email blast this information could have been put in there. Instead it was sent out on the Iscope email list. I think it was not too long ago that the Nationals were handed over, and quality communication is not a priority. If a quality match is built then people will show up seems to be the attitude.

Any registration that will generate a csv file can be used to import into practiscore.

To everyone saying that it's not on the USPSA website, have you tried looking under the 'Find Matches' tab. It appears to be the FIRST ONE ON THE LIST.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-match-listing.php

Clicking on the match name takes you to Match Details. From there, there is a link to the Multigun Nationals website and on there, a link to registration. So simple a caveman could do it.

To everyone saying that it's not on the USPSA website, have you tried looking under the 'Find Matches' tab. It appears to be the FIRST ONE ON THE LIST.

Clicking on the match name takes you to Match Details. From there, there is a link to the Multigun Nationals website and on there, a link to registration. So simple a caveman could do it.

So simple a 3 gunner could do it? I looked there and didn't find it when I searched the USPSA website. Was the link there before the registration opened? Why isn't it also on the Nationals page?

I guess I'm below a caveman, stupid me. I've been looking on the USPSA National's page for registration information - http://uspsa.org/new_nationals/