Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reshoots in Practiscore

Mark R

When I had an Android tablet as a master and now that I have a iPad Mini, I always take the match back into EZwinscore solely to enter reshoots on the classifier, sometimes with same gun (first for match ranking and best score goes in to USPSA) and sometime a new gun (both scores go in).

How does everyone else handle re-shoots with a iOS master? I've asked, but haven't got a definitive answer on how Practiscore handles the re-shoots, both same and different gun.

How do you do it?

Mark, I assume you are talking about match re-entries...

When you add a new shooter, it gets an unique internal id (unless you mark him as a walk-in, then read that "walk-in info" page in the app), so all scores are assigned to that unique id. So, you can add the same person multiple times, regardless of division used and scores will be linked with each individual entry.

The only issue is how ROs and score keepers will be able to tell which entry is which and as far as I know the only way to do that is to add some suffix to the first name, like "Smith, John (2)" and keep uspsa# the same.

For classifier reshoots I use a second Nook that has the match synced to it, if a competitor reshoots the classifier they just enter their scores on the extra nook. this way I can sync the main nook and get final match scores out right away then after the match I look at the reshoot scores and delete any that are lower than the original ones then sync that nook to my I phone and create the classifier report for USPSA.

Good idea BikerBurgess...might have to try that.

Eugene...when a competitor re-shoots a classifier, you can have two possible scenarios and outcomes.

First using same gun (competitor is trying to get a better score). The first score is used for match calculations and standings, but the best of the two scores is the only one sent to USPSA for classification purposes.

Secondly, the shooter uses two different guns/different divisions. Both score are entered and sent to USPSA for classification purposes.

My concern with Practiscore and two entries is does it perform the first scenario correctly. Or does it send both scores and the club gets charged for two classifiers.

Mark, it should be very easy/quick to check. Create a new match on your ios device. Add the same shooter multiple times with the same and with different division and same uspsa#. Add one classifier stage. Score him and create and email activity report to yourself, it is a txt file, so you should be able to verify.

If I'm not mistaken, Zack was reporting about re-entries for activity report, so it should be already working properly. In my own tests ios app only created one classifier entry per-division with the best results, so I only see one charge per classifier, per division.

Though I don't think we ever looked at any special handling for reentries in the overall results.

Edited by euxx

• 4 months later...

We've had a shooter competing in two different divisions in L1 Special match last December and the activity report generated by the EZWinScore with the files imported from PractiScore included him in two different divisions, so in your case you'd be charged for two classifiers for the shooter competing in two divisions.

• 6 months later...

(Using Practiscore on Fire HD latest version).

In EZWIN, I can EXCLUDE REENTRIES from the match calc. (A person reshooting a classifer should not be included in the match results). The Activity report should include those reshoots for costing and classification). I can include reentries if I want to send those results to all via email.

Am I missing something in Practiscore?

Entering reshoots on a different device is not the way to go. When I register a competitor for the second time in EZWIN-I am asked if this is a "reentry" and the entry will be flagged as such.

Obviously this would not happen at Level 2/3 matches, but Level 1 it happens all the time.

Edited by lcs