NicVerAZ

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, this is the group I managed to get with 3.3gr of Titegroup and 135gr Bayou bullets, 1.120" OAL, at 10 meters, freestyle.

I since gave one click up and changed from dead on to center hold. I used to think that the red fiber is where the bullet was supposed to hit. I know...

But, anyway, if you are looking for a recipe which works, take my suggestion. 135gr bullets is the best of both world: snappiness + reduced felt recoil. I could never work a 147gr load which grouped even close to that. Maybe with a much slower powder? I would try Clays... if any was available now :)

I'd rather shoot 124gr than 147gr, to be honest.

I have had zero misfeeds and my only issue with with a dud primer.

0102151408a.jpg

Edited by NicVerAZ

I like having a nice solid holster for my dry fire too.

Right... Well you've got my money... and my address.

I will report on your holster. Remember, I am honest and always tell what I don't like.

By the way, Kingman makes really nice holsters. This is commercial quality. I have not used my in competition yet, but it handled one hour of intensive drawing practice like a champ.

Edited by NicVerAZ

So this weekend I taught a class for the MD HQL. This is the class that people are required to take prior to buying a handgun in MD. Now normally I take a box stock cz75 in 9mm. It's heavy enough to soak any recoil up. The problem is on a stock gun the trigger is ok, as are the sights. This led me to decide to bring the Xcalibur. Now these folks don't have a gun, so they have to shoot my gun.

First guy up was about 55 and was a hunter his entire life. He loads up 5 rounds and proceeds to tear one tiny little hole in the target. Granted this was 5 yards, but talk about confidence. He mentioned he didn't know he could shoot a pistol like that.

Second guy was his son n law. He was 29 and never really messed with any guns. He had a group you could cover with our hand. He thought that the gun would hurt.

This makes for great training. Amy gun that is easy to get good hits is great for training.

I am not one to get in some kind of a flame war about guns. Not my intent. But, I had a similiar experience with my Walther PPQ M2 5 inch. I think we may have entered a golden period where good triggers are going into stock production guns. It may be the only way they have to distinguish themselves in today's market. I hope I get a chance to shoot an ExCaliber soon. The PPQ is almost tuned 1911 qualtiy in terms of shootablility.

I am not one to get in some kind of a flame war about guns. Not my intent. But, I had a similiar experience with my Walther PPQ M2 5 inch. I think we may have entered a golden period where good triggers are going into stock production guns. It may be the only way they have to distinguish themselves in today's market. I hope I get a chance to shoot an ExCaliber soon. The PPQ is almost tuned 1911 qualtiy in terms of shootablility.

Bah, the 1911 is so overrated ;)

Well, I was posting an update in the tech thread, and mentioned that I had JUST noticed a problem with my rear sight. That info probably belongs here:

It's FUBAR. Windage adjustment is totally stripped out, despite the fact that I have never even touched it. Highly, highly disappointed right now. The gun is THIS damn good...but it's now out of commission because somebody forgot to design a rear sight that didn't suck.

I had to adjust windage on mine considerably such that the sight blade isn't even close to centered over the firing pin when looking from behind. It holds point of aim/point of impact fine, from 5 yards to 25 yards so i'm not worried about it, but it totally bugs my OCD looking at it.

I agree this is the worst part. I know there are sights out there for $50. Look for Kensight Elliason on Amazon or Midway.

Or ask GP to give you a new one. Mine is fine, windage is spot on. Elevation required 2 clicks up. But indeed the adjustment screw fell off from firing the gun.

These sights were originally found mostly on revolvers, not pistols with an 8" slides, although some 1911s have it too.

I recommend Loctite.

Edited by NicVerAZ

Mine looked totally straight. I generally set my guns up by eye...and rarely feel the need to tweak them beyond what looks lined up with the center line of the gun as measured by said calibrated eyeball. Out to 25m, any deviation is usually minute enough that I can't outshoot it.

I had crudely benchrested (literally just sat the bottom of the mag on the bench) my gun and it appeared to be about 1" left of the bullseye at 25m. I didn't bother adjusting anything.

But all of a sudden, the rear sight had slid all the way to one side, and turning the screw in either direction does not seem to contribute to locking it in with the notch anywhere near the center of the slide.

edit: wait, yours clicked up? I touched my elevation for the first time today (up as well), and was disappointed that there appeared to be no clicks to be found.

Edited by phucheneh

I'll give Eagle a call (assuming that's what you mean with 'metro,' given Eagle's bread and butter, aside from Bersa, is Metro 1911's).

Although I will say, like it or not, Canuck has kinda taken the role of Official North American Internet Representative. ;)

Well, I was posting an update in the tech thread, and mentioned that I had JUST noticed a problem with my rear sight. That info probably belongs here:

It's FUBAR. Windage adjustment is totally stripped out, despite the fact that I have never even touched it. Highly, highly disappointed right now. The gun is THIS damn good...but it's now out of commission because somebody forgot to design a rear sight that didn't suck.

Call Eagle Imports and ask for Matt. They will have replacement rear sights for you immediately after SHOT.

We started producing this sight recently. It's come to our attention that some of the first batch didn't get assembled according to the specs, and we also looked at and changed the material used for the windage screw.

Sorry that this happened folks. We will make it right.

Don't pm Canuck. Call metro.

He does not handle US stuff.[/quote

I look after Grand Power business concerns for anything south of Russia and north of the Rio Grande. Never be shy to let me know about a concern.

When it comes to US parts and Warranty matters, while it's ok to check with me, I will pass you on directly to Eagle Imports.

I look after Grand Power business concerns for anything south of Russia and north of the Rio Grande. Never be shy to let me know about a concern.

When it comes to US parts and Warranty matters, while it's ok to check with me, I will pass you on directly to Eagle Imports.

Any idea when we should see some more guns hit the states?

Any idea when we should see some more guns hit the states?

The next order should land early-mid February.