Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best range bag

bceglinski

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Range bags are usually a hand held bag that contains room for your gun, belt, cleaning equipment ,ammunition and assorted tools for repairs. I suppose you could use a backpack. I use a large DeWalt tool bag. Plenty of room.

post-22108-0-68859100-1419136434_thumb.j

I'm looking for a good range bag. I'm thinking of a backpack with hydration. Show me yours

Ive been using back pack by a company called G.P.S. They call it a "Tactical Range Backpack". I bought it about a year ago to organize all my 3 Gun gear. I've been very happy with this purchase. I bought mine off Amazon.com.

Finally got a Shooters Connection Tournament Series Pro. Wish I'd picked one up sooner as I've been through several range bags. I read the reviews, (yes it is big), but not overly big for my needs. Easily fits all the gear for range practice and matches (for both myself and my wife), but it can get heavy. Solid construction and very well thought out features. When my wife first looked through it as she looked for her ear pro, her first comment was, " wow, I can't believe how organized our bag is!" Excellent bag in my opinion and very versatile.

My thing is I have a midway range bag for range trips, I am finding a hard time finding a good match bag. I am currently using an old back pack, I am uber picky about bags and have been looking for a few months now. Sorry to hijack the thread but any help would be appreciated.

I end up using a few different size bags.

One smaller bag for indoor local matches, and a bigger bag for the matches where you may do just a little bit more walking.

My problem is when shooting only one gun and using a bigger bag, I see all that extra room in there, and then I want to try and take my work bench with me. At that point it tends to get a little heavy real quick. So now I just leave a small specific gun tool bag in the car just in case, and only bring the basics to the starting gate.

Thinking about it now , I probably have too many bags.

I do like the Shooters Connection Tournament Series bag though, very well thought out.

Best of luck.

Edited by gennaro

I really like the shooters connection tournament series bag I bought, and others have mentioned. When I practice, I drive up to the bay and take the whole bag with me. It has my stapler, pens, notebook, tools, timer, all that business. When I get to a match, I take my eyes and ears out of a side pocket, put on my belt, and just take the little inner bag. That has my gun, ammo, and mags. That really cuts down on how much I'm lugging around, and everything I may need is still with me at the match. Just a quick walk to the car to get it. I really dislike having to pack a bag the night before or morning of a match, so the fact that everything "lives" in the bag helps me not to forget anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello: The Shooters Connection bag is the best one out there. I have bought quite a few range bags but the one Chuck has is the best. I have not found a well designed backpack I like. Maxpedition make some good stuff but they have gotten really expensive now. The versa pack line are nice but pricey. I carry my Shooters Connection bag and a cooler. Then I don't have to clean out the Camelback. Thanks, Eric

I have used a Midway range bag as it was cheap. It fitted all the things I needed in it for range use including a target taping gun. I found the zippers to be ok along with the fabric but the zipper pull tags kept falling off. So I used it now only as a spare if I need an extra bag to carry stuff to a match.

I'm now using a Shooters Connection Pro series bag. The fabric is better than the Midway bag and the zippers and zipper pull tags are much better quality.

The one feature the bag lacks is a pocket to carry a water bottle.

I am not a fan of hydration style backpacks. Sucking luke warm liquid through a hose turned me off of those years ago. I keep my beverages chilled in a small cooler. Even if you fill the bladder with ice, it goes away too quick and then there's that sucking on a hose thing.

I agree on a backpack versus shoulder bag, they are so much more comfortable with a heavy load. The DAA packs are good from what I have seen. They make it easy to access everything, but I have seen some longevity issues.

I am going minimalist next year with a maxpedition versipack. I always carried too much stuff. Now it's ammo, mags and a medical kit. The belt goes on when I get there and the ear pro slips over a strap. I am keeping everything else in the truck. No need to lug it around and I wont ned to push a cart anymore. The chair I always kept with me was never used so it is gone. Mind you this is for local matches with a short walk to my truck. Majors I will break out the cart and take the kitchen sink.

Edited by Flash74

I think something like a camelback would work will. I like the idea of holding a lot of water and ont taking up a lot of room. That's my Experience from my hiking days.

So are you just wanting us to agree with you regarding what you want to buy? If you want a Camelback, just buy one. It is not a range bag though, just saying.

I am in the market for a range bag myself but am waiting for more responses for good information.

Another midway bag owner here. If price is an issue you can't go wrong with a midway bag. I used one all year and has held up quite well for a 40$ bag. I'm thinking about stocking up on these things for how cheap they are

I-Shot, it is Made in the USA, very few of the others are. and they support he shooting sports.

The downside is that I-Shot announced that they are ceasing production at the end of this year and only concentrating on government contracts.

Their stuff is on sale on their website.

http://www.ishot-inc.com/store/iSHOT