Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frame Question

inferno218

Hey guys.

I am no pistol expert so don't kick me too hard with this question.

I was looking through some freedom gunworks pistols and I was wondering what the 3 cutouts on the frame were of this pistol?

Are they just for looks or do they serve a purpose?

Thanks

Chase

post-50606-0-66365300-1418078934_thumb.j

That's why they got the full length frame, to lighten it

Some people want more weight than a SDC, and less than the full length. I've seen holes, panels, internal lightening, and the recent surge in popularity of the Butler cut which all produce a frame weight in between the two ends of the spectrum.

Just like tungsten sleeves, hybrid barrels, bull barrels, fluted bull barrels, bushing barrels, or aluminum, steel, and tungsten guide rods, frame profile is a variable you can play with to achieve the balance you prefer.

That said, I'd imagine those holes don't take out a ton of weight. Maybe someone with an FGW gun can comment?

Some people want more weight than a SDC, and less than the full length. I've seen holes, panels, internal lightening, and the recent surge in popularity of the Butler cut which all produce a frame weight in between the two ends of the spectrum.

Just like tungsten sleeves, hybrid barrels, bull barrels, fluted bull barrels, bushing barrels, or aluminum, steel, and tungsten guide rods, frame profile is a variable you can play with to achieve the balance you prefer.

That said, I'd imagine those holes don't take out a ton of weight. Maybe someone with an FGW gun can comment?

Yes it's sarcasm those are just for the look nothing more, like most lighting cuts they just look cool

Yes it's sarcasm those are just for the look nothing more, like most lighting cuts they just look cool

Ah, I see. Lighting cuts definitely would look cool! You could perhaps add a small LED for the full effect of lighting cuts, or at least a high polish and hard chrome finish.

Lightening cuts, on the other hand do affect the balance and weight of a firearm.

One option I will never consider is lightning cuts.