Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Pro Am Shooting Championship

PatriotMRD

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staff shooting Now - looks like they are having Fun - Come on out - we still have room for Saturday open or limited - Sunday Am Open and few spots for Limited - this is to much fun for you to Miss out on !!!

So if no one wants to talk about it i will. I hope these were first year challenges since the match has changed hands. Registration was nearly non existent unless you shot the match before and received an email. Squads list didn't come out to the week before. Probably explains the lower attendance this year. The match itself was great as always. Terrific ROs, stages, schedules, facilities, etc, match ran smooth. Then started the 3 plus hour wait for scores. What followed for an awards ceremony was one of the most unorganized events I've seen at a match but by that time a lot of people had left. Scores are still not on practiscore so unless you were there when they were posted in hard copy you still dont know how you finished. The Pro-Am is a great event and I will continue to go but PLEASE keep this thing on the level it has been. It would be a shame to see such a good thing go away.

Edited by 9X23Guy

Well said 9x23Guy.

I too hope they did not kill this match...

Here's the overall results for Open and Limited that were posted at the match - (only have first page).

IMG_4709_zpsyqyhilya.jpg

IMG_4708_zpsjokhpjav.jpg

The match itself was run very well. Good RO's and staff. The range and everything was as good as it gets. The pre match info was non existent. If you were a new shooter you did not know what was going on or where to start. There was no indication of the bays which stage it was.

When we finished on Sunday afternoon around 530pm we stowed our gear and sat down ready for results. That took at least an hour and a half and then results were posted. There was problems with the results after some people complained. The stats lady then stormed off. We then sat there with no info or idea what the problem was. People started getting upset and leaving. It was down to under 50 people when the "awards" started close to 9pm. They started doing the overalls and class winners. My friend who got a plaque for placing in Open got a coffee mug in the shooter bag for his "prize". I myself was called up to the open table twice. I only realized this when they started on the limited table and refused to go up when they called my name since I had gone up twice already. Out of the two bags the only "donated" item was a Starline certificate. I was told that they did not follow their own rules and paid out guns to GMs down the places even though there were not enough GMs to pay out that deep, which took guns away from the other classes that had enough shooters in the class.

The above information is what actually happened. I was there and have no reason to make any of this stuff up.

I have attended national matches for over 20 years and this was the worst executed one I have been to. I myself have run national level matches and understand how they work and why things go wrong. I hope they can bounce back from this. I have not seen results posted, or any explanation or, most importantly, an apology issued to the shooters that paid for the match, were in the heat all day, and then sat there for hours with no access to any water or food unless they brought it themselves. Several sponsors I know were less than impressed.

It says something when in years past there was beer there after the match while waiting for the results and this year there wasn't because they most likely didn't want to spend the money.....

I attended the first PRO AM matches in Tulsa, and was excited that I was able to make it this year. Let's just say on the way home I did not feel the same way...... I will spend my hard earned money some where else next year.

If this causes anyone heartburn so be it but as consumers we need accurate info to pick and choose where we spend our money.

DougC

Doug Carden
USPSA A-21848
ICORE IA 8465

9x23guy and Doug are right on

This was my first Pro-Am match and what I was told and what I saw were two different things from veteran shooter of this match . The ROs were fine and no issues with the actually shooting of the match. Info on where to start and shooters meetings were almost non existent. In fact an email went out stating the shooters meeting was incorrect and then produced another email with more incorrect info. So the revised email they sent should have been revised with proper info . At some level it was actually comical. I too got a plaque in AO but as I sit here writing this I still do not understand the final results. In fact out of all the matches I have attended this scoring method/results seems to be messed up. I could be way off or out of line but it seems that parts were almost made up. If in fact GM's went up to get guns and there weren't enough in that class to warrant that it was the Pro- Am's own rule they were not following . After waiting 4/5 hours for results and the prize table to start the attendance dwindled down. Possibly from boredom or overheating but in my opinion the lack of communication was inexcusable. Nobody had any idea what was happening and the un interest in telling us was disappointing to say the least. I just wish saving up enough money and talking vacation to fly down there from Boston , the last thing I remembers about the Pro Am was the prize table and how confusing the results seem to be. I am sorry if I made or make someone upset in my rant but I believe I have the right to describe what many other shooters were thinking and saying. I wouldn't pat myself on the back thinking it went ALL smooth because there is plenty of room for improvement , starting with communication, it goes a long way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Scootertheshooter

I was at the match also. Everything mentioned above is 100% correct.. The match was fun and challenging, RO's did a great job and the I would shoot it again.. But if the same people that bought the match run it next year, no way in hell am I wasting my money.. It would have been great if they said the scores would take an hour or so and we could have made a McDonald run!

Unfortunately, I left before the end of the awards and I wasn't lucky enough to score c crap filled bag.. LOL I loved it when they announced the High Military shooter and he yells out, " I'm not in the military!" So the MC says "OK then the winner is....." But god help you if you didn't sign a proxy form, your SOL on anything!!

A friend of mine shot Limited D and he placed 6th, problem is the winner of D is a "C" shooter. He also shot C last years Pro Am!

I would vent more, but it would just frustrate me more. Hopefully the rumor is true and they'll move it to South Carolina!