Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

Cuz it deserves its own thread... Have at it.

I am hoping that this:

"Thank you for participating in the 2015 Area 2 Desert Classic . You can now view your registration, payment, and squadding here on this page."

means I am in. What did you waitlisted guys see?

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am hoping that this:

"Thank you for participating in the 2015 Area 2 Desert Classic . You can now view your registration, payment, and squadding here on this page."

Later,

Chuck

Does it say you are waiting for approval?

It's full already? was signing up for Tarheel Shotgun Match. Didn't even know this was open until Chuck started this thread. I get an email anytime match announcement are made, but not for this. Oh, things change. Hope it goes well.

I am hoping that this:

Later,

Chuck

Does it say you are waiting for approval?

Yup:

Approval Info

We have not approved you to shoot yet. You will receive an email when you have been approved.

How is it full already?

They took my money!

Just got this email reply:

Thank you for registering for the 2015 Rio Salado Desert Classic Area 2 Championship Match.

You have been waitlisted in 2015 Area 2 Desert Classic , as it is currently full.
The match director will notify you if you are approved.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

How is it full already?

Thank you for registering for the 2015 Rio Salado Desert Classic Area 2 Championship Match.

You have been waitlisted in 2015 Area 2 Desert Classic , as it is currently full.

there were hundred like me waiting in front of the computer to sign up at 4pm PST

How is it full already?

They took my money!

Was on 3 minutes after it opened and tried multiple times to register, but got an error message. After about 40 minutes of trying, finally got through, but got the same "wait listed" message as above.

Yeah 300 spots sold out in 2 hours!!!!! What is it a Pink Floyd concert! LOL

In two? I was wait listed 40 minutes after it opened...

Bummer.

Well at least I have the luxury of showing up for registration since I am local, if I don't get in from the wait list, and get a no-show spot. Just won't get to shoot with my buds.

edit-

After some website trouble I ended up on the wait list. Which was frustrating, but oh well. They authed my card for the $265, but as of 12:01am it cleared. I assume everyone who is wait listed will experience the same.

Good luck to those who made it!

Edited by Jaycwebb

I sent in my registration exactly at 2pm AZ time and paid. got the message that Im registered but not approved to shoot. Im guessing I got in. Airfare is cheap so Im guessing its safe to book my flight now?

My PC took a shit on me yesterday so thank goodness for smart phones.

Every time i have used PS to register for a match the people doing it will send a email for approval and squading. i have not read of anyone getting the email yet so i would say until one gets the email its still up in the air if one get in.

First one to get the email please post

Just looked at the self squading page for the match on the USPSA site and did not see any names. It says that self squaring starts today.

I'm confused. I completed the registration in the first 2 minutes... got 2 emails: first saying payment accepted, the second showing I am registered, and a link directing me to my personal match management page, which at the bottom says:

"Approval Info

We have not approved you to shoot yet. You will receive an email when you have been approved."

Says nothing about being waitlisted... or, does the 'not yet approved' mean 'waitlisted'?

Edited by GilaMonster

I waited on the count down and got in before the first minute was up. I missed getting in for the 2014 Desert Classic so I wasn't going to let this one get away.

Did the same thing, just waiting for the approval email

If I understand correctly, one hold up is to see how many slots get filled by sponsored shooters...who all have spots held for them if they want them. After they respond, those unused "held" spots free up for "wait listed" guys.

Does anybody know what the "approval" consists of? Just credit card? Or confirm USPSA membership status?

"Approval Info

We have not approved you to shoot yet. You will receive an email when you have been approved."

I believe this line is a standard response that is built into Practiscore upon registration into any event. I have the same line in my registration page, but nothing that says I'm wait-listed.

Does anyone know if there is an output from practiscore that would show the hierarchy of the wait list? From others who got in it sounds like I just barely missed the cutoff.

For Area 1 in St George there was a wait list that showed your position which granted some degree of certainty as to whether you would get in or not.

My email states "You have been waitlisted in 2015 Area 2 Desert Classic , as it is currently full.

The match director will notify you if you are approved."

I don't like the fact that I had to pay $265 to get on the wait list. I think that is a flaw in the system. Either I get in and you charge my card or you put me on the list and you charge my card once I am in.

I would like to see that fixed.

So far an authorization hit my card but they haven't completed the transaction. Other matches I have shot have not collected the money or even authorization from waitlisters, but rather begin to open up slots and give a deadline to pay, after which your slot is forefeited and the next slots get opened up...