Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder is not really "in your cart"

Gunnar897

Good ole gunbot showed me the way to some powder and had it in my cart. Went to grab my wallet and check out. Some one took my powder out of "my cart". I emailed the company and got the tough luck speech. Apparently you need to have all your info stored there to have a chance. Luckily found some locally and if someone tried to get it out of my cart, they would have come back with a bloody nub.\

Lesson learned

Wife spent HOURS shopping the other day with a major retailer online and had a metric crap ton of stuff in her virtual cart.

She hits "Check Out" and the screen changes and tells her theres nothing in her shopping cart.

You could've heard her rant two states over and she'll be saying a LOT of Hail Marys and Our Fathers for some of those words. :)

Most online order systems don't actually commit the product to an order until the order is complete. Ticks me off too and I've had it happen to me more than once. I could give you an extensive explanation as to why this is so, but not in the Hate section.

A few months ago I came across some pistol powder, I added to my cart and checked out, then came across a couple more items I wanted, called the vender up and they simply added it to the previous order after verifying the quantity.

I don't waste time if a hard to find powder becomes available. Six months ago I came across some pistol powder, put my order together and submitted it, after about 45 seconds it timed out, I returned to the powder page and it was sold out :cry: five minutes later I got an email conformation of the order :hell ya:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have to agree so wholeheartedly with this one. A full year and a half ago I was scouring the net for powder. One big Texas website listed a lot of powders. When you clicked to buy, it led you to believe they actually HAD the powder. So I added some .22 ammo to the lot just to spread the haz mat fee around a little bit. Go to pay, and it says I will be notified when my order becomes available! I was ticked!

So. A year and a half goes by, and I get a call and email letting me know that if My order is ready to ship and I need to call before 5:00 to confirm that I still want the order ( that I had forgotten about a year and 5 months ago). So I call and all they ACTUALLY have is the brick of .22 ammo. No powder. Do I still want it? What do you think.........