Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

QD sling mounts?

Nebwake

I picked up a vickers CAG QD mount sling for a deal locally, and now need to set up a few rifles with QD sockets. First off, I have not used QD mounts before and am a little skeptical about them. Has anyone had any problems with them falling out? I have had sling hardware break on me overseas and that is a pain in the ass. I would hate to have a personal gun deck out because of a sling. second, what sockets work the best? I am thinking about replacing the m-4 backplate with a QD socket for the rear and using the AP Customs one that fits my hand guards.

QD is far and away a better system. I used them extensively back when I shot precision rifle matches regularly. They are easier to take on and off and are also slightly more useful as they have a full range of motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooters Source sells QD inserts that have nuts on the back side. They require a hole with rear access(my favorite kind) I think they list them under shotguns. They are similar to the ones that Remington uses on the Versamax Comp. It sounds like the ones mentioned are for blind holes.