Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SSR ammo

Koppi

Yes.

8.2.5.1.1. Any revolver of .38 Special caliber or larger that utilizes ammunition with a rimmed case
and is not loaded with moon clips.
8.2.5.1.2. The use of trimmed (shortened) ammunition is not allowed.
8.2.5.1.3. Ammunition used must match the caliber listed on the firearm with the following exceptions:
8.2.5.1.3.1. .38 special in .357 magnum

I believe, that if the cases are marked 38 special, then they cant be cut down to short colt length, same for 357 magnum, 38 short colt, should be marked as such.to be run in the firearm. I'll have to do a little looking into it. if all else fails then grind out the special on the barrel and stamp in "short colt", little glass beading and all should be good.

Edited by JohnRodriguez

No, they may not.

The rule states: "Any revolver of .38 Special or larger caliber..."

Now if you wish to get down to the fine art of range lawyering, you might note that .38 S&W is a larger CALIBER than .38 Special, .361" vs .358".

But you would have to use correct headstamp cases and a correct roll marked gun. What would that be? A WWII British surplus Victory model? A Model 11?

Yeah, they can be 'helpful' like that. The experienced ones (not talking about the new crop of six match one-year wonders) can also tell, at a glance, the difference between a factory .38 and one that has been shortened to .38 Long Colt length. :surprise:

Best to play within the Rules. :cheers:

revo division may end up like the Clint Eastwood movie where he changes the complete cylinder, can't remember which one. percussion cap black powder , PCB instead of SSR or ESR. also caseless.

In the past I have done not for score reshoots carrying 4 black powder revolvers. Quite a lot of fun. I didn't have to worry about the SO crowding me because they couldn't breath. ;)

revo division may end up like the Clint Eastwood movie where he changes the complete cylinder, can't remember which one.

Pale Rider. The whole movie used cap and ball pistols but you can hear the brass hit the ground when they reload.

revo division may end up like the Clint Eastwood movie where he changes the complete cylinder, can't remember which one. percussion cap black powder , PCB instead of SSR or ESR. also caseless.

In the past I have done not for score reshoots carrying 4 black powder revolvers. Quite a lot of fun. I didn't have to worry about the SO crowding me because they couldn't breath. ;)
That would be spectacular!

Could you see the targets? That would be an interesting rig to see you wear. Got any pictures? or even better video? Of course, not sure what we would be able to see either. :bow:

Could you see the targets? That would be an interesting rig to see you wear. Got any pictures? or even better video? Of course, not sure what we would be able to see either. :bow:

Sorry, no pics or vids. :) I used to shoot cowboy action. I had a left and right holster on each side plus left and right slanted cross draw holsters, all on one belt. I had a pair of Vaqueros shooting black powder cartridges plus a Remington and a Colt cap and ball revolver. Load and make ready took a while. ;) I would shoot one revolver empty, holster it and keep shooting and switching until done. Loads of fun. Getting back to power factor, the Vaqueros made power factor but the cap and ball probably didn't. I wonder how they were effective back in the day when they didn't make power factor. LOL

Sorry, no pics or vids. :) I used to shoot cowboy action. I had a left and right holster on each side plus left and right slanted cross draw holsters, all on one belt. I had a pair of Vaqueros shooting black powder cartridges plus a Remington and a Colt cap and ball revolver. Load and make ready took a while. ;) I would shoot one revolver empty, holster it and keep shooting and switching until done. Loads of fun. Getting back to power factor, the Vaqueros made power factor but the cap and ball probably didn't. I wonder how they were effective back in the day when they didn't make power factor. LOL

Sounds like a lot of fun.

An 85 grain .36 Navy ball and about a zillion germs equals good "stopping power."

I have always figured that was the reason small calibers were accepted in the pre-antibiotic era, any penetrating hit could be crippling or lethal and everybody knew it.