Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell for Elite Match?

FF112173

The only one I could find find is the Canyon Creek and that would have to be welded on. I have read that some have epoxied this on but that doesn't seem like it would hold very well or for long to me. So my question is.... Is there any other magwells for the Elite Match and is having the magwell worth it when shooting USPSA?

Thanks,

John

Someone posted some pictures in another thread that showed that Henning's magwell would screw into the large opening in the match frame, but that it sits a little further back than on the competition frames. He said it still works as designed though...

I found the pictures, page 3 of chop shop thread....

kneelingatlas, on 11 Oct 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:snapback.png

Match frame on the left, Hunter frame on the right:

IMG_20131011_045734_685_zps26c4fe3d.jpg

Mag well bolted to the Match frame:

IMG_20131011_045827_196_zps546a94d5.jpg

You can see it's shifter back slightly:

IMG_20131011_045856_387_zps5cf657d6.jpg

Compared to the Hunter:

IMG_20131011_045943_676_zpsce056ca8.jpg

but it still works as intended:

IMG_20131011_045842_015_zps2685d736.jpg

I though about filling in the bottom of the hole in the back of the Match frame with weld and re drilling it a hair further forward so it would line up perfectly, but that's low on my priority list.

• 1 month later...

Not without grinding material off of the sides and back of the magwell. If you're willing to machine it down to size, then it would fit and still have the same functionality, however it may not make the weight restriction of IDPA. The CC magwell is heavy.

Edited by BrazeauRacing

Not without grinding material off of the sides and back of the magwell. If you're willing to machine it down to size, then it would fit and still have the same functionality, however it may not make the weight restriction of IDPA. The CC magwell is heavy.

Good point. I think I only have less than an ounce to play with.

Well they weight the gun with a empty mag. And according to the eaa site the gun weights 44oz, so that's probably with a empty mag. The cut off in esp is 43oz. I remember reading it on here people are thinking about grinding off the light rail and putting holes on the mag tubes.

Wasn't sure if himurax13 has a railed or non-railed Match. The non-railed Match would make weight for IDPA without a CC magwell, but the a stock railed version is 44oz with an empty stock mag.

I have the current railed version.

Like I said, the website says its 44, but without a mag its just under 39 ounces and just a hair over 42 ounces with a mag. There appears to be some minor milling on the frame that may have reduced the weight a touch.

43 ounces is the weight limit in SSP, ESP, and CDP now.

I am deciding to run ESP or CDP ATM.

Edited by himurax13